Overstock.com? Real Bags?

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by cherylm, May 9, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. cherylm

cherylm New Member

My friend swears that this place sells authentic bags. I have looked at their stuff, but haven't seen any claims of them being real or fake. Anyone buy their stuff before? My friend bought what she claims is a Gucci. It hasn't arrived yet so I haven't seen it myself.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA..._ID=7&STL_ID=28

overstock.com

2. dramatique

dramatique New Member

3. brassai

brassai New Member

I don't know about handbags, but I heard something long long ago about fake Tiffany's jewelry being sold off of this site. I personally wouldn't trust sites like this and Ashford.com ( almost bought a fake Prada wallet from them). :unsure:

4. TurboGrrl

TurboGrrl New Member

I heard something on another board that the Burberry bags and scarves were fake as well...hmmm. :unsure:

Although they do have fab prices on other items, I bought an ABS dress for a little over 50 dollars and they are STILL going for over 150 everywhere else.

5. brassai

brassai New Member

Yeah I definitely wouldn't get designer handbags from them, sheets maybe... :shifty:

6. Orochian

Orochian New Member

They used to sell a Gucci watch that I liked for over 50% off its retail price, and I almost bought it from them if it wasn't for some complication regarding international shipping. From the pictures provided that watch was definitely authentic, though that's no guarantee the actual product they mail out would be as well.

They also sell a lot of Sergio Rossi shoes at insane prices, and certainly, what's being depicted is certainly authentic.

And I've noticed that whenever they have a particular designer item in stock, usually the very same item would also appear on eBay being sold by reputable sellers, making me suspect that the two may share common sources of inventory. It'd strike me as rather odd that such a rather large and well-known site would be selling fakes.

7. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

That's what I was about to say...a big site like this would have been patrolled, right? Fakes are illegal and wouldnt government step in so they can have a big bust on stopping a fake seller?

8. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

they really stock ODD stuff.
    its all real old season or stuff that noone else can sell.
    the designer stuff is minimal and what they have is not that brilliant to be quite honest.
    go to Gucci or Fendi in the sale and you get 50% off everything.
    the Burberry they sell looks different because its the collections from years and years ago.. when Burberry wasnt that hyped! the pattern and the shape of bags werent that "trendy" yet. however there are a few exceptions :ninja:

basically its stuff that noone really wants. Overstock buys the stock off the wholesellers and puts it on their site. ET VOILĂ  :innocent:

i wouldnt buy anything off them so im happy either way B) :flower:

9. baggi

baggi New Member

DONT. BUY. FROM. OVERSTOCK.

My husband bought me a Tiffany heart pendant that was advertised as AUTHENTIC Tiffany but it turned out to be a fake.. a very poorly imitated fake - dents, uneven shape, lacklustre silver. We returned it and got twice the amount back. Don't shop at Overstock for anything other than CDs, books, games, or bedsheets.

10. Purr

Purr New Member

That made me buy something from them and return it :woot:

11. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

ASHFORD.COM SELLS FAKE STUFF? can anyone else confirm?! :shock:

12. baggi

baggi New Member

That made me buy something from them and return it :woot: [/b][/quote]
    Hehe.. they only did that because they received many complaints from customers getting fakes and they were afraid of getting sued by Tiffany. They never once did admit to selling fakes though.

13. brassai

brassai New Member

ASHFORD.COM SELLS FAKE STUFF? can anyone else confirm?! :shock: [/b][/quote]
    I don't know if I was the only case but the Prada wallet I got definitely looked fake because the zipper pull was very fake looking and of a generic brand.

14. irenea

irenea New Member

I don't know if I was the only case but the Prada wallet I got definitely looked fake because the zipper pull was very fake looking and of a generic brand.[/QUOTE]

I bought a prada handbag from Ashford.com last week. I'm returning it back because it doesn't look real. It's supposed to have leather trims but they don't look or smell like leather. Also the trims have tiny spots of glue.
    The hardware definetely doesnt look like in the picture online. The chain looks very dull nothing like the shiny, bright one online.

15. exsupahero

exsupahero New Member

smartbargains.com is actually selling some of the Luella Giseles in various sizes right now. Dunno if it's real or not. I'm assuming they are.

16. sybz

sybz New Member

17. surfermegz

surfermegz New Member

I believe Smart Bargains is real. Like it was said before, a huge site like OVerstock.com can not claim to have authentic goods and then not, by the law at least. That would be false advertisement and highly illegal. I figure the gov would tap in on some of that, and if not, you could make a killing with a good lawyer!! ;)

18. brian

brian New Member

19. SanDiego

SanDiego New Member

Hmm! I thought it was strange how they could offer prices like that, I always think stuff from sites like that is going to be defective or the stuff quality control threw out.

20. brian

brian New Member

isn't that pretty much all that overstock.com sells, though??