Paco Rabanne F/W 2021.22 Paris

Julien really needs to chill because his work has been too literal. This one could have been taken straight from the '80s and while I don't mind it, it's an overkill, just like that medieval costume party from last year. However, it has to be said that at least he tried to do something really joyful and it works. The clothes are really good and they would stand out even more in a different setting. It's just the whole production with 'Slave To Love' as a soundtrack and those wallpapers etc. that somehow kills the vibe.

Love the new Gucci collection.

Oh wait, it's Paco Rabanne, sorry !

A bit too much for me while last season, it was the right balance between modernity and kitsch.

That backdrop makes this look like a 2010 Bershka campaign...the clothes themselves are not that far off from a typical holiday capsule.

I'll admit I enjoy the black polka-dot dress with a lace collar and the showgirl embroideries (very Chloé by Martine Sitbon), that's cute but it's just too much styling and too little creation.

I always have a soft spot for Julien, but this collection is a bit underwhelming. The first four black looks are probably the best ones and I don't mind those OTT chainmail dresses since they are strangely appealing to me.

Some of the looks remind me of Miu Miu pre Katie Grand.

You could have told me that this was NG’s new collection for LV and I wouldn’t even notice the difference.

I will take this gladly over the garbage I am seeing in other Paris shows. The pantsuits are nice as well as those early 80s midi dresses. Some of this is actually closer to Karl Lagerfeld's design aesthetics in the 80s, far more than Virginie's.

While it feels less contrived, more fluid and glamorous, there’s something not modern about it.
Too 80’s, too kitsch indeed...

It’s funny that people mentioned NG because I think, with NG, it’s the styling that takes everything to a kitsch 80’s place while here, a lot of pieces are kitsch on their own.

I like around 20% of it - I think the best idea is the breastplate necklace. and the lace? lurex? suit #16 I think

gucci still does napoleon dynamite chic better though

Dated as hell! Early 80s editorial, after several futuristic collections, doesn´t make any sense at all.

I really like some of the looks but if I had to guess I would never have thought that this is Paco Rabanne :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->