Padma Lakshmi to leave Salman Rushdie?

Harumi

Reaction score
Spouse Shedder

PADMA Lakshmi was always way too hot for Salman Rushdie, besides being 23 years his junior. Now that she's hosting her own TV show, Bravo's "Top Chef," the Indian incubus may have realized the obvious. Yesterday, nobody was denying a story in the New York Observer alleging that the couple's friend, fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg, was overheard recently exclaiming, "I can't believe she's leaving him." The couple, who met at the Talk magazine launch party on Liberty Island in 1999, married five years later.
source

Last edited by a moderator:
She's gorgeous and she seems nice but I hate how they put her in all these sexy, tiny outfits for Top Chef. I know it adds sex-appeal to the show but, eh, I'd prefer if they kept the attention on the food and not Padma's hot bod.

the Indian incubus may have realized the obvious.

It ruins the alliteration, I know, but know the difference between your incubi and your succubi, please. Lakshmi is clearly a slinky succubus. Unless of course she likes it on top.

Now that she's hosting her own TV show, Bravo's "Top Chef,"
Wow, 'Top Chef', that really is something. I bet Salman blushes to think he only won some minor book prize when he was her age.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceOfCats said:
Wow, 'Top Chef', that really is something. I bet Salman blushes to think he only won some minor book prize when he was her age.

:lol: :D :innocent: :lol: :ninja:

She's quite the hottie. One of the most beautiful women in the world IMO. I know he's a genius and all, but she should be out screwing some sexy men. I can't imagine her rolling around with Salman Rushdie :sick:

she is pretty but not that pretty... but yes, its time to leave him maybe.. i think they must have different interests..

leyla m. said:
she is pretty but not that pretty... but yes, its time to leave him maybe.. i think they must have different interests..

That's why it's my opinion, no? I think she's stunning. And who knows, this could all be rumours. Don't they have a kid together?

LOL, I googled them to read more about the split, and I got this from NY Mag

Don’t make him get out his baseball bat!
On February 8, Guy Trebay wrote about Salman Rushdie’s wife, Padma Lakshmi, in the Times. In the “Hindu pantheon,” he observed, “Lakshmi is the domestic deity representing wealth and the embodiment of beauty, grace, and charm . . . In the current fashion pantheon, Ms. Lakshmi similarly stands for a love of money and commodity. A burgeoning brand married to a global brand, she has no problem making public an inventory of brands she chooses to wear.” Understandably, her husband was not amused. Witnesses say Rushdie walked up to Trebay at a National Arts Club event three days later and said, “If you ever write mean things about my wife again, I’ll come after you with a baseball bat.” Shaken, Trebay, who was on his way out, left. Of course, many found it ironic that Rushdie was threatening a writer with bodily harm for something he’d published. He didn’t return messages, and Trebay refused to comment. But a fellow attendee would: “She’s an ambitious person with a lot of hustle. I would think by celebrity standards she’s fair game. Have you seen her Website?”
—Jacob Bernstein

Now I keep imagining Salamn Rushdie coming at me with a baseball bat :shock: :lol:

An article from the Daily Mail wth some telling pictures.
That Fendi dress is astounding on her. It's not my style nor something I would usually like but boy, does she works it.

PrinceOfCats said:

:rofl:

And VainJane the show's on Bravo!...just be glad she's wearing anything at all :wink:

Ive seen her on cooking programmes and she glows ... she speaks PERFECT spanish -which puts my native one to shame, her accent is to die for- and shes not some bimbo ... on the other hand, I love Rushdies works ... so whatever may happen, let it be, hopefully everyone will be happy when it ends
PS Its ironic that Salman threatened tha writer, him having a death penalty threat from several muslim countries.

^ Yeah, her English is great as well and I guess she speaks 5 languages. It's funny that if a woman is sexy and doesn't devote her life to literature or something, she's automatically stupid or skanky.

^^ She studied and live in Spain for a while I think. She's beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livzzz13
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->