Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

Thanks for your input Caramel:flower: I didn't considered liquid concealers, but I have never owned one either. In my mind they are just high coverage foundation, but I might (very) be mistaken? I am a face toucher, so I need something really long lasting. And of course my breakouts occur in the palest areas of my face:rolleyes:

I am looking at the tarte clay concealer in "fair". I have no experience with tarte though, and the packaging is SOOO ugly.

Edit: Thanks, BibiRose! I will check out Kryolan's Camouflage Creme:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
For spots I use Clinique's Anti-blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer in shade 01. It's not the lighest concealer that I have but when I buff it out, it works quite well.

I also use MAC's Mineralize Concealer in NW15 - that's more for scars and red areas but I think it would work for spots too. It's quite light.

I like Cle de Peau concealer in the light shade. It also lasts forever--more than a year for me. A little pricy but worth it.

My skin is quite fair and I've been told I have olive undertones, though I think my skin is more neutral than yellow. It's hard to find good foundation shades for fair neutral skin, the supposed neutral shades are usually too grey, the warm too yellow, and the cool pinks are definitely out of the question. To make things even more complicated, if I am in the sun for more than five minutes I go several shades darker. :doh: My go-to foundation is Lancôme Teint Miracle, but none of their shades are perfect for me so I tend to mix 010 (pale greyish) with 01 (pale yellow) to get a decent colour.

With pale neutral skin I find eyeshadow to be really difficult. Warm colours tend to make me look sick, while cool colours look dirty. For everyday I just wear a beige base colour, but I like to wear a little more for evening sometimes, and I'd like to find some colours that would work for me. Any suggestions?

Well, I go usually pretty pink eye shadow but it is not maybe for everyone. It works fine with my grey-blue eyes.

I use Lancome Teint Miracle as well:D I use 005 Beige ivory, mixed with a couple of drops of illamasqua white base in winter. Maybe you could do something similar to lighten a foundation with the correct undertone?

What exactly do you mean by olive skinned? Olives are green and black so that term never made any sense to me... A lot of people mean medium dark skin, but that is obviously not the case. Are you looking for something pale that is more yellow, more neutral or what?

I find eyeshadow tricky as well. I can put on the tiniest amount and it looks like I am wearing tons of makeup instantly:rolleeys: That is never the look I want to go for...

I can't really recommend any particular shades because I don't know/remeber what color your eyes are...But if you are only looking for something for special occations, then probably something with a subtle shimmer:wink:

I've seen a lot of ads with korean girls wearing pale pale blues and pinks. It looks so lovely on them, but it doesn't work as well with my colors....

Liquid eyeliners are great too:innocent:

One thing with eyeshadow is to avoid those that are heavily pigmented, like Chanel ... I have good luck with a lot of MAC shades. I also like to use just a tad of an intense color at the outside corner of the lid ...

What exactly do you mean by olive skinned? Olives are green and black so that term never made any sense to me...

:lol:

I think olive is considered a neutral in terms of skin tone, though I have also seen it mentioned as the fourth category of undertone: pink, yellow, neutral, olive, so obviously a lot of people don't quite agree what olive skin actually is. And most people seem to think that only medium/dark skin can be olive, which is not the case (asian skin is often olive, for example).
I'd say it's a neutral that tends to have a slightly golden greenish cast to it. It can look quite sallow when pale, but it tans quickly (and in a more deep brown rather than orange colour) and rarely burns. I definitely tend to look a little sick when my skin is at its palest, and my skin always seem to be at its happiest in the sun (unfortunately).

With foundations it seems like the pale neutrals are usually too grey for me, but the pale warm colours are a little too yellow. I am looking for more of a true beige, which seems to be found mostly in darker hues. But perhaps I can try your trick of lightening a darker colour. :flower:

My eyes are slate blue with quite a large ring of gold/yellow in the center. Most of the eyeshadows I use are from MAC, but the ones I have are all very neutral, all beiges and taupes. I'm wondering if I just look best with a little 'contouring' of the eyes instead of actual colour. My go-to for special occasions is Satin Taupe, a taupe with a little greenish golden shimmer in it...

I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis. I own UD Naked Basics palette but I rarely use it. Usually when going out in combination with Naked 2 and even then I let my friend do my eye make-up. I don't mind that as I'm more of a bold lip kinda girl anyway. :P

My skin is quite fair and I've been told I have olive undertones, though I think my skin is more neutral than yellow. It's hard to find good foundation shades for fair neutral skin, the supposed neutral shades are usually too grey, the warm too yellow, and the cool pinks are definitely out of the question. To make things even more complicated, if I am in the sun for more than five minutes I go several shades darker. :doh: My go-to foundation is Lancôme Teint Miracle, but none of their shades are perfect for me so I tend to mix 010 (pale greyish) with 01 (pale yellow) to get a decent colour.

With pale neutral skin I find eyeshadow to be really difficult. Warm colours tend to make me look sick, while cool colours look dirty. For everyday I just wear a beige base colour, but I like to wear a little more for evening sometimes, and I'd like to find some colours that would work for me. Any suggestions?

Your colouring sounds similar to mine. It heps to think "muted" instead of neutral. Also, it might sound weird, but I think of pastels as grey, since they have (more) white in them. I stay away from the pale yellows and pale pinks for that reason. I use darker foundations and correctors and really sheer them out.

I know that sick/dirty eyeshadow feeling ^_^ If I want a brighter eye, I start with mascara and make sure no foundation or concealer gets too close to the eyes, because in my case that contributes to the dull look. Then I use Armani's pink corrector under my eyes, even though it's way too dark for my skin. For eyeshadow I put on a thin layer of pink/coral blush (or even listick) under my brown/beige eyeshadow to make it come alive.

Caramel, have you tried having a makeup artist do your eyes? Sounds like a Scandinavian thing going on, so you should have local expertise. I would just have them do my eye makeup everytime I went in to buy something, until something interesting happened :lol:

I have pink undertones in my skin, and I feel like I can wear a lot of colors, but I know from the MAC thread that what I'm picking is different from everyone else.

I don't think olive skin is a scandinavian thing. Scandinavian skin usually had a yellow undertone. I am guessing some mediterranian sailors stranded in Bergen a couple of hundred years ago:wink: A makeup artist might still be able to help though (if you can find a good one:()

^ Haha. How about "Scandinavian olive"?

Like the typical yellow undertone, but with a hint of green.

Hm, some people have called me olive, but compared to someone truly olive, I still have more pink/yellow/peach in my skin. I have blue, purple and green veins, so I have to say neutral.

Anyway I choose not to match my face to the green hue on my neck :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention a great product. I never found a bronzer that looked ok on my pale skin but I got a sample of Madara Organic Skincare Tinting Fluid. I guess it's meant to be used all over the face as a tinted moisturizer, but I use it as a subtle bronzer. And it's subtle. It's non greasy and it looks like skin. I believe it does contain some alcohol (from plants?) so it could potentially be drying, but the result is amazing. Comes in Golden beige and Rose beige.

Lately i am loving the Nars highlighter blush Miss Liberty. It's a light shimmery peach color. Beautiful.

Yeah, I don't think olive is a Scandinavian thing, and makeup artists here don't seem to know what to do with my type of skin. I've had my makeup done a few times and have never been happy with the result. I've never tried green eyeshadow though, perhaps I should! I look good in olive, so perhaps it will work on my face too. :P

I just bought a small palette that I really love, it has a light brownish pink for the lid, medium warm brown for the crease and a light champagne tone for the brow bone. I couldn't imagine pink looking good on me, but this combination is really soft and lovely. Though it should be said that I have a tan right now, so I don't know how it will look on my pale green skin. :P

My latest discovery is Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade Tipsy. Looks so fresh on porcelain skin. I love it.
source: my own pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll