Palmers Cocoa Butter Products

clueless

Reaction score
I have heard that cocoa butter is really good for smoothing and firming the skin, and I got a sample in a magazine once, and while it has a weird smell, I kind of like it.
I was just wondering if anyone used it regularly and what they thought of it

i used to absolutely adore it... now i don't.

The lotion makes a nice hand-cream if you've got seriously dry skin. It can also be used as a decent body lotion if you're in a hot/humid climate - otherwise, it's no good for me in winter/spring/fall. i don't like the unscented lotion.. the scent of the regular lotion is nice.

The tub of cream (more like a solid) used to be fantastic.. but now i find it greasy without being skin-quenching/moisturizing. i know that's odd but it's true. i love the smell of the tub/solid cream.. and used to mix in Vanilla perfume and ended up walking around smelling just like chocolate. Drove kids mad!

i've moved on to: Walmart's (yes.... Walmart!) brand: Simply Basics Nut Butter = fabulous stuff!!! It's also cheap - but it's effective and smells delish too!
If i can't head over to a Walmart, i'll get Life Brand (Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada) Nut and Honey butter - it's a bit more expensive, and not as good... but convenient. Haven't tried Body Shops' nut butters.. they're pricey to me but i've heard they're good.

_________

i forgot to add: Palmer's doesn't have a whole lot of cocoa-butter in it.. it does have petroleum. i don't know about the Simply Basics brand. If you're looking for pure/almost pure cocoa-butter then you can try Jason's brand.. from a health-food store. You'd have to work hard at emulsifying it.... and it doesn't smell as yummy as the mixed creams etc. Have you tried Shea Butter? i swear by the stuff!

I used it for a while and didn't see any difference in my skin.It does smell lush though.

But I can say it taste's awful.

And I am the loser who tasted body cream. :lol:

I love this lotion!!! :D

The smell is so Yummy...... :P
Love it! Leaves the skin really soft and it´s great to prevent stretch marks. A must!

It's not real cocoa butter. Too many fillers!
Avoid this and get the real thing!

Originally posted by Mabli@Oct 31 2004, 04:37 PM
I used it for a while and didn't see any difference in my skin.It does smell lush though.

But I can say it taste's awful.

And I am the loser who tasted body cream. :lol:
[snapback]412777[/snapback]​

Oh..my...gosh. I did that too! I'm glad im not alone!! :D:D

I tasted the one in the tub..that smells soooooo good...like caramel or chocolate...i tasted it... :sick:

Palmers Scar Serum ?

has anyone tried the scar product from Palmers? would it compare to Bio oil?

have you tried any other Palmer products?

I wanted to buy that but it's sold out at the department store at my place for quite sometimes, so decided to buy the one from "Fruit of Earth" instead. I'll let you know if it's work. Would appreciate if anyone can feedbacks on palmers scar serum also.

View attachment 349143
amazon.com

This one? It works pretty well! It will noticeably fade new scars (ones that still have scabs, or that just aren't very old), but it hasn't done anything for any older scars I've had. I mostly use it on acne spots since I have a bad habit of picking at any pimples I get.

I haven't used Bio Oil so I can't compare. I've also used Palmer's Cocoa Butter, and it smells nice (imo) and it actually has improved the few stretch marks I had on the sides of my thighs. Again, you have to use it when the marks are new to see maximum results.

I've heard that it doesn't work for some people though, so idk. I guess it just depends on the person.

Ah, my scars are old scar T.T I got it when i was young and did not really bother much about appearances.

I used to use Bio Oil but it did nothing to my scars from old pimples - they arent huge scars, just little dark smudges but it still didnt help even though I used it for 2 months. That said, it depends on the person - your results may be different. I havent used Palmers though, but I think its a lot cheaper.

I use Palmers Cocoa Butter and really like it. That can apparently help scars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->