Paper 'Break the Internet' 2018 : Amanda Bynes by Danielle Levitt

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by dfl-001, Nov 26, 2018.

1. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

:lol: She's supposed to 'break the internet' with a cover and preview which looks like a glorified Glamour filler edit? This is just way too basic to follow in the footsteps of Kim's infamous Goude shoot. Her team would've been better off selling her story to People or US Weekly because Paper failed to capitalise on this exclusive. Fashion never really cared for Amanda Bynes, so they needed to have gone the extra mile to show her off in a more edgier and inventive way than this.

That lip and hair colour looks awful especially with her eyes, and I don't get the generic tv 'reporter/FBI agent' outfit. So no visual talking point.

ghostwriter10549 and RMDV like this.
  3. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

This magazine has become a joke

EstefaniaAbaddon and RMDV like this.
  4. snejana420

snejana420 New Member

I honestly don't like the final result that much. I like the mood of the cover but it is uninteresting. The photos look heavily photoshopped too.

But I'm happy for Amanda Bynes to get a cover! I watched her show when I was a kid so she holds a soft spot in my heart. I hope she is doing better ❤️❤️

I would never actually buy Paper for 10$ because that's outrageous!! This nice hotel downtown has Paper for free so I'm lucky to snag a copy from there

YohjiAddict likes this.
  5. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

i think it's mutually beneficial - and while a magazine seems like a retro place for a big exclusive, the images and article have already dissipated globally, so in that sense it's a success. She looks quite healthy now, and I admire her honesty in the article.

ghostwriter10549 likes this.
  6. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

While the photos here are underwhelming, the interview is quite nice and it is already everywhere on the internet.

7. sweetpop

sweetpop Active Member

I agree that the cover is really underwhelming, and nothing really works in the shots, from the makeup to the clothes. But I think they've tried to dress her down into a more ...er...relaxed look, so no over-the-top clothes take away from the fact that she's the focus. I've just taken a look at the shots on Paper's website of her, and she looks almost frozen in all but one of the shots, where she's laughing. She looks beautiful and like her old self in it. The article on her is good; she doesn't make excuses for her very tumultuous past few years, but she recognises her mistakes and if the article is anything to go by, she's rebuilding herself and entering a much healthier and safer headspace - really good on her :heart:

8. WilliamsLe010919

WilliamsLe010919 Active Member

what is up with those lips colors? she looks like she's been dead for 2 days

Bertrando3, Valentine27 and Benn98 like this.
  9. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

The only way this would "break the internet" is if someone lost their wireless connection while looking at the images.

333101, YohjiAddict and jorgepalomo like this.
  10. RMDV

RMDV Active Member

Poor Amanda, this doesn't do her any justice, looks like a Seventeen Magazine shoot...

11. jorgepalomo

I AM SCREAMING!!!

12. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

I had no idea who she was, so I googled her - still no idea who she is. I would expect someone a bit more "cult" to come and "break the internet".

Benn98 likes this.
  13. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Everything looks amateurish. Lousy photoshop editing, style, make-up, etc. Just try again.

14. phungnam96

phungnam96 Well-Known Member

they really made a horrible editorial of her. She looks like an ugly mannequin/Sophia the robot with a wig

russianelf, Perickles and Benn98 like this.
  15. Perickles

OMG, You're right she looks just like Sophia. I'm cracking up.

16. jeremydante

jeremydante Active Member

WHYYYYYYYY?!

17. jorgepalomo

Cover 2

Lindsay Lohan by Jeff Bark

18. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

When you really can use "tells all" after the name of the celebrity and you dont... Aghhhhh fashion magazines...

Well I never really get over the late 00's celebrity culture so for me Im having a blast, but Im aware that in a fashion point of view this is boring, especially the Amanda's cover and ed. Lindsay Lohan looks cute, but I fell like, back in the day, they explore her fashion image so much that now anything coming from her is, IDK, less exciting? Sorry Lilo.

Perickles likes this.
  19. Perickles

Really bad photoshop the top of her hair is cut really badly so that they could put the masthead. I agree with ghostwriter10549 there's nothing exciting about Lindsay Lohan and Snow White anymore.

20. russianelf

russianelf Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Making this gorgeous Lindsay cover digital only over the Amanda monstrosity.

Benn98 likes this.