Paper Denim Cloth Black Label

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the PDC Black Label jeans?

The ones I saw were close to cornflower blue in color and lightly distressed, with black rivets. The rise was too high for me (as was the price, at US $280.) They were pretty cool looking though.

Sounds silly to me. If I was gonna spend $280 on a pair of jeans, it sure as hell wouldn't be PDC, "Black Label" or not.

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 6 2004, 11:12 PM
Sounds silly to me. If I was gonna spend $280 on a pair of jeans, it sure as hell wouldn't be PDC, "Black Label" or not.
[snapback]357966[/snapback]​

no sh*t. the whole thing is ridiculous.

This premium brand stuff if ridiculous - highstreet jeans with a $280 pricetag :shock: :shock: :shock:

Heh heh, some of the Japanese ringspun, shuttle-loom, hand-dyed jeans are going for US $450.

tangerine is our resident denim expert... ^_^ :wink:

Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 7 2004, 12:46 PM
Heh heh, some of the Japanese ringspun, shuttle-loom, hand-dyed jeans are going for US $450.
[snapback]358376[/snapback]​

yes, but I'm sure PDC won't be anything like that.

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 7 2004, 10:57 AM
tangerine is our resident denim expert... ^_^ :wink:
[snapback]358384[/snapback]​

I wish! I defer to spacemiu, but thanks for the vote softie! :kiss:

Do you mean this:

"Irony has its place (The Simpsons, political satire, air guitar competitions).

But where fashion is concerned, it's rarely a plus.

Take buying a pair of jeans, for instance: You want a pair made by the most dedicated denim-heads around. Earnest Sewn, the new line from Paper Denim & Cloth designer Scott Morrison, definitely qualifies. To say Morrison takes his denim seriously is an understatement. Each pair takes -- count 'em -- 18 hours to make. But the result of such toil verges on pure genius -- with pockets that flatter the booty, seams that slim the legs, and a waistband that prevents peeping thongs (okay, not on the men's version).

The hard part is scoring a pair: Though these may be the answer to men's and women's denim woes everywhere, there are a limited number of each style to be had in the world.

Oh, the irony.

Ernest Sewn jeans will be arriving this week at the Blues Jean Bar, 1827 Union Street, between Octavia and Laguna Streets (415-346-4280); or Villians Vault, 1653 Haight Street, at Belvedere Street (415-864-7727). If you simply can't wait, you can always pre-order."

(From Daily Candy SF)

MayaPapaya9, those will be even more expensive! I can't wait to see them.

I have been hearing about Earnest Sewn, which is a new and separate label, but the PDC black label took me by surprise.

Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 7 2004, 11:19 AM
I wish! I defer to spacemiu, but thanks for the vote softie!  :kiss:
[snapback]358408[/snapback]​

why thank you! :blush:

I've herd about the new PD&C premium line, but i haven't seen it, I was never a big fan of PD&C becuas the cuts are to wide for me. But i like the washes.

I saw the womens Earnest Sewn, I was disapointed, after all the hype about it being wabi sabi and so special it didn't look that great to me

they ahve it on the NM site Earnest sewn[

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 7 2004, 02:34 PM
why thank you! :blush:

I've herd about the new PD&C premium line, but i haven't seen it, I was never a big fan of PD&C becuas the cuts are to wide for me. But i like the washes.

I saw the womens Earnest Sewn, I was disapointed, after all the hype about it being wabi sabi and so special it didn't look that great to me

they ahve it on the NM site Earnest sewn[
[snapback]358555[/snapback]​

And that is why you have the title! :flower:

Those jeans just look like boring jeans to me.

Excuse me -- is there a reason it's called paper denim? It's not really made of paper is it?

Excuse me -- is there a reason it's called paper denim? It's not really made of paper is it?

haha...no
i think the name comes from the materials that go INTO making the jeans (denim, cloth for the pockets, paper for the tag, etc.)

i still don't understand.. :ermm:
and hey, there is such thing as clothes made out of paper :P and it's not as useless/fragile as it seems. it can be very durable

You know, I like Betsey Johnson's way of thinking when it comes to prices...."Can't be more expensive than a coach ticket to Puerto Rico"

Anyone know where there is black label PDC's online? This I gotta see, and blog about! I can't find them anywhere online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->