Paper Fall 2018 : Emily Ratajkowski by Jordan Barrett

Pretty. I like the composition for this cover.

Paper went from trashy covers to clean and simple... major rebrand.

So, Jordan Barrett branching out to photography now?

God, this magazine is such a joke! They were somewhat irrelevant until that infamous Kim K cover, and, despite the press and support they got from it, never quite managed to live up to the newfound hype. To go with the lesser of the Insta influencers shot by an equally lesser male model?

The cover had potential, I think. It looks like it was supposed to be a subversive nod to Jackie O (because the only icons to be celebrated in fashion are Jackie, Marilyn and Bardot!) But somehow the CD mucked it all up with a budget hairstylist, a model playing at being a photographer, and the perpetually open-mouthed Emily. Pass!

There are tons of struggling, yet insanely talented, photographers out there and this magazine gives Jordan Barrett the chance to shoot the cover. Unthinkable. This is just as odd a Kendall Jenner photographing for a magazine. Unnecessary, uneventful, lazy, and unimaginative.

Nothing to write home about. You know it's a basic portrait when magazines have to crop it or turn it into a b&w shot to make it look cooler than it originally is.

So Jordan Barrett has branched out into crap photography now. He's insufferable as a "model".
Paper is and has always been garbage.
Does this Emily person ever shut her mouth, or is this her trademark sultry look?

are fashion magazines hiring models as "photographers" because is cheaper than a professional?

Btw, at least is a beautiful picture. Kendall wishes.

Very basic, like celebrity interviewing celebrity.

She is way past her shelf life as an Insta-girl, she could never really model and I don't see any reason why you would want your magazine associated with such a cheap celebrity. Kim Kardashian is royalty by comparision, at least she's well known.

Pretty. I like the composition for this cover.

Paper went from trashy covers to clean and simple... major rebrand.

I like the composition too! Had he pushed it further he could've achieved a neat little homage to those 1960s illustrated ads. Also, I can't believe I would be writing this about Jordan Barrett of all people LOL.

Maybe its just me but she does actually photograph pretty well, I like the vintage feel. I prefer the model side of her to the insta party girl side.

So now we've got crappy designers shooting their own campaigns(Can you just throw your cameras away, Olivier?) and crappy models like Kendall and Jorden shooting covers, awesome! :lol:

I like the composition too! Had he pushed it further he could've achieved a neat little homage to those 1960s illustrated ads. Also, I can't believe I would be writing this about Jordan Barrett of all people LOL.

Ha lets be real though, this was all his team's doing and whoever set up the camera/digi tech/retouching. for all we know he shot a horrible portrait they cropped and pasted onto a blurry nyc background which is probably what actually happened.

This is hilarious, I'm living for Jordan as a "photographer". At least now he's just another crappy photographer, behind the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->