Paper Magazine April 2016 : Kylie Jenner by Erik Madigan Heck

Why am I not getting the concept here? Could someone please explain it to me because all I see now is a possible puppet candidate for that Lazytown kids show.

Plastic Fantastic! I love it. This could only work with Kylie imo...

This is fantastic! Like others have said, it's poking fun at her and I'm not fully sure she knows it.

Love it! She's clearly mocking herself, having a laugh at her much-publicized plastic looks/cartoonish lips. It's genius and clever and I like her even more for having fun w/ her image. It's the perfect middle finger to the haters.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the cover. i think she is such a good sport and having fun with her celebrity. who wouldn't wanna do all the creative **** she's doing. do you, boo.

It's interesting that they chose an 18 year old who looks 35 to cover yet another "YOUTH" issue. :rolleyes:

Tacky as hell. Even if she has the ability to mock herself, not taking things too seriously (which is good for her), I find it stupid. cannot get this hype around her and her lips :/

Photography: Erik Madigan Heck
Photo Assistant: Taemur Moazzam
Styling: Rushka Bergman
Hair: Tokyo Stylez
Makeup: Joyce Bonelli
Manicurist: Denise Bourne
Digital Tech: James Goethals

-papermag.com

She's way more engaging in photos than Kendall will ever be. Modeling suits her better.

I actually really like the shot of her in that blue fur thing. There's something really nostalgic about it.

The media narrative around Kylie Jenner makes me so uncomfortable. It's just weird. At first I thought she might've been in on the joke, but I don't think that there's a joke going on here at all with these magazines.

I really fail to see the 'youth' angle with her editorial. Paper is one of the few magazines whose images ties in with the narrative/feature. This time around it looks like something Carine would publish.

I really like the editorial. Hate the cover.

She's almost like a Dr. Seuss character come to live. If Dr. Seuss was a sexual-ish pin-up for adults.

The editorial is pretty cool. The first shot would have been a great cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->