Paris shopping

^ umm Etam, Chantelle and Darjeeling? I'm just naming the ones my friends like...Normally I don't care much about my lingerie so hope my reply helps you at least a bit... any other suggestions?

neonpeg: I'd actually recommend the Bon Marché lingerie corner as it's less crowded than other dept stores, with wide choice (cheap to luxe) and you can navigate through as you like it (with or without help).

Princess Tam Tam is really good (very pretty and decent quality).

There's this brand Oysho (Inditex brand) which arrived in France a few years ago is very nice and very cheap but for modest busts only...

Thanks jasmin5327 I'll check them out.

& Aby thank you! The Oysho website looks amazing, exactly what I'm looking for. Which branch would you recommend (there are 5!)? & I will check out Bon Marché for sure, the ladies who work there just seem intimidating but I'm sure they are lovely really!

^You're welcome. I haven't checked the most recent Oysho store which just opened on rue de Rivoli but it seems to be one of the biggest so most collection must be available.
I know the one located rue du Temple which is well stocked but maybe smaller I think.

AH
Can't find the person who asked but I found a listing in the Guardian for a shop that sells vintage film posters in Paris:
Cinedoc 45-53 passage Jouffroy (cine-doc.fr)

Hope that helps!

Hi all. I am going to be in Paris during Christmas time and I was wondering where I should go to pick up some Rick Owens and Dior Homme items at a better price? Should I stick with there individual boutiques or are there other places that carry there items for a lesser price? Please keep in mind this is my first time in Paris since age 3 so I am a Paris shopping noobie.

Sale season, always the best time to shop in Paris. Otherwise from my personal experience, there's a bigger chance of finding better prices on big brands in the States. Paris is a beautiful city, shopping should only be a small part of your schedule, especially if it's your first time :wink: Have lots of FUN!!!!

^Im hoping to have lots of fun and visit family I havent seen since I was a baby :D . I read some where that sale season is after christmas in France. Is this correct?

you will have lots of fun I'm sure.
normally yes sale season begins after christmas, more like end of winter sales I think.

Winter sales usually are a week after new year's.

^ yes! sorry my bad for not precising the time! Anyway Montmartre, you should write a list of what you want so you won't get lost during sales!!!!!

I forgot, you could visit Chez Gladines on line 6 Corvisart
it's quite cheap and they serve Basque cuisine!
There's always a queue though...but the people there are super friendly ^_^

BON APPÉTIT!

Ah Merci!

Hello everyone

I am traveling to Paris in November for the first time, and I was wondering if any of you could give me tips on vintage stores that sell designer handbags. Also if you have any tips on stores that one should not miss when in Paris :-)

Hello everyone

I am traveling to Paris in November for the first time, and I was wondering if any of you could give me tips on vintage stores that sell designer handbags. Also if you have any tips on stores that one should not miss when in Paris :-)

Didier Ludot (very famous and expensive; there are a few expensive vintage stores a few doors down from here)
20, galerie Montpensier 75001 Paris
M° Palais Royal

Trois marches de Catherine B. (very expensive, almost only Chanel& Hermes handbags)
3, rue Guisarde 75006 Paris
M° Mabillon

Le Passé d'aujourd'hui (had a croc Kelly when I went, I bought a Chanel, lots of exotic skins)
43 Rue Cherche Midi, 75006 Paris
01 42 22 41 21

Chercheminippes, (MY FAVORITE! reasonably priced! they have lots of different boutiques on the same street; this one is the high-end one)
114 rue du Cherche-midi / 75006 - Paris / Tél.: 01 42 84 37 26

HAPPY SHOPPING!! I can't wait to go back!

^Oh, thanks for reminding of Chercheminippes! It's been a while since I last went there. I used to love to go through all their boutiques on the rue du cherche-midi.

Hi guys, i would like to know some stores to shop good and not so expensive clother for man, and if they are easy to locate is better for me.

Bonjour à tous,

Does anyone know how big Les Petites size?
Im hesitating between a 36 and 38 for a coat...Thanks!

neonpeg: I'd actually recommend the Bon Marché lingerie corner as it's less crowded than other dept stores, with wide choice (cheap to luxe) and you can navigate through as you like it (with or without help).

There's this brand Oysho (Inditex brand) which arrived in France a few years ago is very nice and very cheap but for modest busts only...

I'm just wondering, what do you define as cheap? I'm currently studying in Paris for a year... so as a poor student (rent is extremely expensive) I would like to know roughly how much would the prices start at before going to the stores (and suffering sticker shock!)

I just browsed Oysho's website and the photos are so gorgeous! I might brave the sticker shock and visit the store regardless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->