Pastels : Faded Technicolor S/S 07

jun3machina

Reaction score
Okay, so I have been noticing A LOT of pastels in for spring. Not the typical, "look it's almost easter" pastels that are usually stereotypical of spring, but romantic and almost vintage 1950's type pastels. From louis vuitton to marc jacobs to calvin klein and ...these are just some of my favs. From sweet rose pinks, to lemon yellows to mint greens and powder blues, there vintage versions of popular pastel colors. I loved the grey trend for fall, and it seems to be the new neutral set in to offset these lovely pastels. I am loving this subtle spring trend....like FADED TECHNICOLOR!

marc by marc jacobs from style.com

Attachments

• 00120m.jpg
    00120m.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 00270m.jpg
    00270m.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
ck, fendi and louis vuitton from style.com

Attachments

• 00110m.jpg
    00110m.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 00110mgg.jpg
    00110mgg.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7
  • louis vuitton.jpg
    louis vuitton.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
  • LV2.jpg
    LV2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
burberry prorsum from style.com

Attachments

• burberry 3.jpg
    burberry 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
  • burberry 2.jpg
    burberry 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Burberry 1.jpg
    Burberry 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
  • burberry 4.jpg
    burberry 4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
  • burberry 5.jpg
    burberry 5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
......like the suburban house in edward scissorhands............

I personally would call these faded wallpaper colors. Seems like a fashion world response to "shabby chic"-style interior decorating.

i've noticed this as well---it's pretty much the ONLY colour in a VERY black and white spring...

i think we are going to see a lot of grey and navy in real life though come spring...
to go with the black and white..
and then maybe a touch of the pastel here and there...

i actually quite like the marc by marc show now...maybe it's the colors.
i like that muted/washed in dirty water type of pastel...the only kind of pastel i can stand. soft but not sweet/bubbly girly...like violet from pretty baby :heart:

i've never been a fan of pastels before, but this batch is different. it's an actual fresh take on the supposedly "fresh" colors that come in the spring collections.
...i especially like the green, mint-y color...i hope to be wearing a lot of that this upcoming spring.

HBoogie- faded wall paper colors is a great description! :lol: ...i hope you meant that in a good way...:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
so glad these pastels aren't that nasty "easter color palette" these pastels are truly softer and gentlier on the eyes....I agree with soft about spring being b&w with some splashes here and there. nonetheless...I'm liking what i'm seeing. :smile:

i am absolutely in love with this trend! i think burberry, marc jacobs, louis vuitton (mj) and marc by marc did it best (although i tried to get pics of more variety). i am dreaming of these pastel colors in jersey dresses and lots of layers. i just bought a MJ quinn in "honeydew" and it's my spring bag so far...like a light melon green. these colors make me feel very relaxed and girly:P

(and thank you whatever mod spaced out the title for me:heart: )

Grrr...I'm too pale to wear pastels. Too bad, because I love them!

Really like this trend so far!
(the Burberry Prorsum models need to stand up straight. :P)

i love this trend esp. at louis vuitton and anna sui!!! :heart:

here are a few more from marc by marc jacobs spring 2007 collection (pics from style.com)

Attachments

• mj20071.jpg
    mj20071.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
  • mj20072.jpg
    mj20072.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
  • mj20073.jpg
    mj20073.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5
  • mj20074.jpg
    mj20074.jpg