Pati Dubroff - Makeup Artist

Zorka

Reaction score
One of Hollywood’s most respected makeup artists, and a distinguished leader in the beauty industry, Pati Dubroff is an undeniable talent. She is passionate, dedicated, and hard working; it is these characteristics that have helped to earn her success and acclaim over the years.

Pati’s work has graced the pages of American Vogue, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, W, Instyle, Glamour, Allure and Elle. With only a glance, you cannot help but notice the intrinsic beauty of the subject on these pages. For this reason she has been sought after by top fashion photographers, Peter Lindbergh, Annie Leibovitz, Terry Richardson, Mark Seliger, Carter Smith, Norman Jean Roy, Tom Munro and Patrick Demarchelier.

Pati possesses the ability to create a classic yet distinguished look that is immediately recognizable on the red carpet. It is with the personal recommendation of her clients that Pati has gained a loyal following including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Bosworth, Naomi Watts, Jessica Biel, Miley Cyrus, Ellen DeGeneres, Eva Mendes, Sheryl Crow, Julianne Moore, Drew Barrymore and Gisele Bundchen.

Her unique style and unparalleled technique have also caught the eye of world-renowned cosmetics companies who seek her insight and vision. As Dior’s and Clarins’ international spokesperson for many years, Pati has gained a reputation not only as a bankable entity for retailers; but also as a reliable public figure on whom consumers can count for practical and essential beauty advice taught in a down-to-earth, easygoing manner.

Pati’s talent for pin-pointing a woman’s inner beauty and accentuating it through makeup application is sought after both by beauty companies and beauty editors. Her talent and her time are also highly coveted by celebrity clientele and world-renowned photographers.

As the picture of beauty will undoubtedly change over the years, it is the steady hand and creative vision of Pati Dubroff that will remain a source of inspiration.

prema.jpg

patidubroff.com

Tatler Russia October 2014

КАСТА И - БАСТА! (CASTA AND - ENOUGH!)
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Anya Ziourova
Hair: Teddy Charles
Make-up: Pati Dubroff
Model: Laetitia Casta

Tatler Russia 10.2014. Digital Edition

Getting to Know the Glam Squad: Makeup Artist Pati Dubroff

Tue., Sep. 23, 2014

There are celebrity makeup artists and then there is Pati Dubroff. In some form or another she has managed to work with basically every A-lister on the planet. No really, think of a star. Got a name? Yeah, she's worked with them.

Her client list includes three best actress Oscar winners—Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron—not to mention countless nominees. There isn't one major red carpet event that she hasn't worked numberous times or a magazine her creativity hasn't been featured in.

She's reached almost legendary status in Hollywood and we were lucky enough to get her some one-on-one time with her. Here's what she had to share:

How long have you been a makeup artist?
At the age of 10, I became fascinated with makeup and decided then that I wanted to be a makeup artist when I grew up. I made up all of my friends at school and for parties, and as soon as I finished high school I moved to New York City to pursue my dream. I started working at a cosmetic counter at Bergdorf Goodmans, and shortly after that, started to assist Francois Nars. Working with the masterful Mr. Nars was my real education and my big break in the fashion industry.

What was your big break into Hollywood?
When I left NYC for Los Angeles, the first booking I landed after arriving was the iconic Vanity Fair Hollywood issue cover with legendary photographer Annie Leibovitz—I took it as a clear sign that I made the right move.

What are a few of your favorite red carpet looks that you've created?
Charlize Theron at the 2013 Oscars. She so fresh, clean, polished and perfect.
Kate Bosworth at the 2012 Met Ball 2012. A Pada dress with dark wine lipstick—this was a real fashion moment!
Naomi Watts at the St. Vincent premiere at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. This is one of my most recent red carpets. I love how strong, sexy, and chic she looks.
And last but certainly not least, Allison Williams at the 2014 Emmy Awards.

What items are always in your kit?
Tatcha Dewy skin mist, L'Oreal Paris Miracle Blur, Make Up For Ever brushes, by terry tinted rose balms, Cle de Peau concealer, Kanebo Sensai Loose Powder, Pati Dubroff Perfect Palette, Surrat lash curler, Kevyn Aucoin cream blushes, Chanel cream shadows, Nars velvet matte lip crayons, Maybelline Define A Brow pencil, new artist liner pencils from Make Up For Ever, Dior mascaras.

What new beauty item are you currently obsessed with?
I have been really impressed with the immediate results I see from using the Nu Face Trinity. It's astounding what this at-home micro current device delivers. It's been around for awhile but they keep improving upon it—new head attachments to for lights, targeted head for the eye area, and a mini travel size device.

What is your favorite drug store beauty buy?
I love Jergens BB Body Skin Perfecting cream. It gives a perfect sheen and blur to the skin on the body. Plus, it smells great.

And what about your fave high-end beauty splurge?
I always keep La Prairie Eye and Lip a Porter in my purse and in my kit. This smart and chic compact holds an eye cream, a lip balm as well as a great mirror.

What's the weirdest request you've got from a client?
One of the most challenging jobs I've had was when I had to do someone's makeup on a private plane between LA and Las Vegas. The flight is only 45 minutes and there was extreme turbulence the whole way. I felt close to getting airsick and I was really nervous I was going to hurt her with my brushes!

What's the best thank you gift you've ever recieved?
The best thank you is when a client refers me to her friends. It's like hand-delivering a vote of trust.

Who have you been working with the longest?
Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts and Kate Bosworth have all been loyal clients for well over a decade.

eonline.com by Cinya Burton

Marie Claire US May 2014

THESE GIRLS ARE ON FIRE
Photographer: Cedric Buchet
Stylist: Alison Edmond
Hair: Adir Abergel (Olsen, Clarke), Larry Sims (Nyong’o) & Mara Roszak (Mara, Fanning)
Make-up: Pati Dubroff (Olsen, Klarke), Nick Barose (Nyong’o) & Kate Lee (Mara, Fanning)
Models/Celebrities: Elizabeth Olsen, Lupita Nyong'o, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke & Kate Mara

Marie Claire US 05/2014 Digital Edition

Marie Claire US May 2014

THESE GIRLS ARE ON FIRE
Photographer: Cedric Buchet
Stylist: Alison Edmond
Hair: Adir Abergel (Olsen, Clarke), Larry Sims (Nyong’o) & Mara Roszak (Mara, Fanning)
Make-up: Pati Dubroff (Olsen, Klarke), Nick Barose (Nyong’o) & Kate Lee (Mara, Fanning)
Models/Celebrities: Elizabeth Olsen, Lupita Nyong'o, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke & Kate Mara

Marie Claire US 05/2014 Digital Edition

Elle US May 2014

HER GENERATION
Photographer: Michael Thompson
Stylist: Joe Zee
Hair: Andy Lecompte
Model/Celebrity: Miley Cyrus

Elle US 05/2014 Digital Edition

Interview June/July 2012

Models/Stars: Charlize Theron & Kristen Stewart
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Anthony Turner & Enzo Angileri
Makeup: Pati Dubroff & Mark Carrasquillo
Manicure: April Foreman & Ashlie Johnson

justjared via IAmLordZen (Cover) & interviewmagazine via pellucid via burbuja8910(Editorial)

Harper's Bazaar China October 2014

Photographer: Nico Bustos
Stylist: Leslie Fremar
Hair: Enzo Angileri
Model/Celebrity: Charlize Theron

HQ Utopia

Vogue Italia September 1993
Top Lesson: 10 Must
Photographer: Sante D’Orazio
Stylist: Marie-Anne Oudejans
Hair: Bob Recine