Patrik Rzepski Nyc's Only Real Star?

abhorarmani

Reaction score
I really like this designer he shys away from the obvious and even though each collection feels very different they all kinda relate to each other. If you look at his press page hes gotten really good coverage but it's impossible to find his stuff in stores, not sure if he isn't producing or they;re just afraid to buy into him because hes so young

http://www.patrikrzepski.com

http://www.patrikrzepski.com/collections.html

What, you don't like As Four? Just kidding :lol:

He is only doing custom orders now. I emailed him about a month ago, and that's what he (or whoever replied) told me.

I also like Cloak - I think they will go a long way.

Originally posted by faust@May 19th, 2004 - 12:21 pm
I love both designers as well. :flower: Don't we already have topic on Patrik Rzeski though?

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+May 19th, 2004 - 12:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ May 19th, 2004 - 12:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@May 19th, 2004 - 12:21 pm
I love both designers as well. :flower: Don't we already have topic on Patrik Rzeski though? [/b][/quote]
yes, we do.

it seems like cloak and rzepski are on the same wavelenght or at least getting grouped together.
why isnt he in seven and kirna?????

Originally posted by abhorarmani@May 19th, 2004 - 12:42 pm
it seems like cloak and rzepski are on the same wavelenght or at least getting grouped together.
I think you should ask him :wink: Email him, the email is on the website.

wasnt that red dress in spring 04 #13 in nylon a couple issues ago? he buried it in his backyard to make it look stained and stuff? the collection was based on a murderer in england, right?

I love his work too! IMHO,he and Tess Giberson are my resounding favorites of NY. And probably the only two I find who have the strongest visions.

And yeah,I think I had started a thread for his recent collection on here.

Originally posted by abhorarmani@May 19th, 2004 - 1:42 pm
I don't know if a place like Seven would be right for him. But Kirna Zabete and Barneys should definitely carry him in the near future. I like him.

Originally posted by smashinfashion@May 19th, 2004 - 6:45 pm
wasnt that red dress in spring 04 #13 in nylon a couple issues ago? he buried it in his backyard to make it look stained and stuff? the collection was based on a murderer in england, right?
Hmm. . . I didn't know he did that. Not very original, if you ask me. Hussein Chalayan did that a few seasons ago and tried to pass it off as a genuine idea but the Japanese have been doing that stuff since the 90's.

And I think MMM has done something along those lines as well when he did that exhibit a few years ago in Rotterdam by leaving the clothes outside being transformed by nature,if you will.

Not totally original,no. In fact,his work reminds me alot of Jurgi Persoons. But he's still pretty young yet..and hey,from what I've seen these last few years in NY,its still very refreshing,his approach.

As for the buyers snapping his work up,I suppose alot of the reluctance is indeed, the support for someone so young, not to mention some of his inspirations are sometimes extremely heavy and might turn those suspecting clients off.

Originally posted by Scott@May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 pm
some of his inspirations are sometimes extremely heavy and might turn those suspecting clients off.
Despite his presentation of them, I do think that his pieces actually look pretty wearable. I know that I would definately wear them if I had the chance. :flower:

I lvoe hsi work he is extreamly talented and veyr creative.

i was nto veyr impressed with s/s 2004 though.

I love his modern romantic style and usse of distressing. :heart:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+May 19th, 2004 - 10:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ May 19th, 2004 - 10:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@May 19th, 2004 - 10:16 pm
some of his inspirations are sometimes extremely heavy and might turn those suspecting clients off.
Despite his presentation of them, I do think that his pieces actually look pretty wearable. I know that I would definately wear them if I had the chance. :flower: [/b][/quote]
Absolutely! And even in the presentation,its still quite subdued. But you know,some of these buyers are picky and they want things that are understandable for their clientele. The only woman I know who would even be half as ballsy to pick this guy up would be Julie Gilhart. In fact,I'm surprised she hasn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->