Paul & Joe for Target

Thanks for your concern, aldn. I did get it back from the cleaners yesterday, and they were able to get the stains out! :D It's quite a bit paler than before, but as it doesn't seem I'll be able to get a new one, I'll just have to be happy to have it back... and I am.

In the end, I'm a little disappointed with this collection. The quality wasn't so great for the price, imho. There were definitely several pieces I do enjoy, though. I had bought the white leather jacket, but the one-sided leather ruffle is just really bugging me. I feel that it's not worth the $139.99, so I'll return it. Actually, I saw a really cute white leather biker jacket in GAP for not much more, and the quality is much higher. I think I'll go get that one in place of this P&J jacket.

did you get any good sale items, usmarinewife?

maybe you should put your mom to work checking in NH:wink:

i'm only interested in buying the pale leather jacket if its marked down to 37.99. im going to keep looking. should be heading to a target today.

diormouse said:
Thanks for your concern, aldn. I did get it back from the cleaners yesterday, and they were able to get the stains out! :D It's quite a bit paler than before, but as it doesn't seem I'll be able to get a new one, I'll just have to be happy to have it back... and I am.
Almost always try the cleaners!^_^ If they can't fix it usually you're in trouble.

i went to my local target and nearly everything was full price. i guess they got late shipments.

the owl skirt and jeans were marked down to 6.24$. however. nice

two codes!!! one can be used for behnaz:-)

10% off - TCYRQZXD
Expires 10/14/06

10% off expires 11/30/06
TCRCPTAA

lucy92 said:
did you get any good sale items, usmarinewife?

maybe you should put your mom to work checking in NH:wink:

i'm only interested in buying the pale leather jacket if its marked down to 37.99. im going to keep looking. should be heading to a target today.

Nope, no good sale items for me. When things were first released, I bought what I wanted at full price online.:doh: Once I got these things delivered, I'd try them on. I collected up all the stuff that didn't look right on me, and made some returns in the past couple days. A lot of it just wasn't very good quality either. Oh well. I've been preferring some GAP items lately.^_^

My Mom said she didn't like the Behnaz stuff she saw. She said it was all black lace covered, silky looking, and mini skirts. Well, it sounds about right compared to what I saw online. I'm curious what the quality is like and how it looks/feels in person.

Yeah, I guess the leather jacket would be worth the $37.99, but certainly not the $139.99!! They really should've finished that ruffle off. Otherwise, it was really soft, nice color, and cute belt. I ended up going for the pale leather biker jacket from GAP instead. I also returned the plaid poncho. It was too big and shapeless for me. Also a bit drab. I'd prefer it in a houndstooth print.

usmarinwife, did you get that leather jacket that romanian model irina is wearing in the gap ads? i like that gap jacket.

i think some of the behnaz lace items look as if they'd snag easily. but im still excited for the collection.

i wish i lived near more targets.

lucy92 said:
usmarinwife, did you get that leather jacket that romanian model irina is wearing in the gap ads? i like that gap jacket.

i think some of the behnaz lace items look as if they'd snag easily. but im still excited for the collection.

Yup, that's the one, only in white instead of black! :D

I'm still excited for the next collection, too. I also have the snag concern, esp with 2 Bulldogs and a toddler. I may have to pass on the lace!

I like how the model wears the blue logo sweater with the denim shirt underneath. I formerly disliked the denim shirt, but now think it looks quite decent when layered under vests like so.

Oops, forgot to add:

By the way, I tried on the following:

B000GDE8CM.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V63856733_.jpg

and

B000GDLDXY.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V61871197_.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the fit of the skirt is completely off?

I'm quite tall and thin and the HIPS of the skirt is sewn such that they are VERY DUMPY, and baggy, and exaggerate the hips, in a VERY unflattering, NON-pencil-skirt way!

It would be like where if someone were to take an OVAL, lay it on its longer side, turn that into a skirt, and wear it! Very huge, billowy, balloon-like hips.

The fit was like that on me no matter if I sized up or down from my normal size. I love the houndstooth pattern to death, but the fit is just soooo... off.

Furthermore, I looked the skirt up on Target's website and saw that reviewers had remarked the same thing about the skirt- huge, balloon-like hips. Funny, and I dont' really even have hips. My hunt for a cute houndstooth skirt continues.

^Yeah, too bad because the skirts' patterns & colors are so cute! GAP just came out with an adorable b&w houndstooth mini, which I plan to get. Much better quality for the money! You can see it on gap.com.

The current issue of In Style shows the silk crinkle georgette dress in green wallpaper print paired with the butterfly belt on, I believe, pg 224.
I think I've returned most of the items I've bought. Kept just a few pieces I really cared for, like the owl and sweater bags, cord skirts, a few tops.

pretty much all the paul and joe items are 50% off online.

i just purchased the black twist front top and the expresso pinstripe blazer and pants. tried on all these items in the store when they were full priced. i really liked that the twist front top had cups.

so i pounced when they were 50% off. i'm glad i can wear the pinstripe suit to work.

did anyone buy the ruffle leather jacket for cheap?

Has anyone seen the Paul & Joe navy/green v neck sweater on the net recently? I've been looking online and in thrift stores literally for years to replace the one I've worn to shreds; I got the XL and this is THE best fitting sweater I have ever bought/worn. still in mourning:cry: any help/suggestions in tracking it down would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->