Paul McCartney and Heather Mills split...

dajrekshn

Reaction score
Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills McCartney have confirmed they are to separate.
In a joint statement the couple said: "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child.

"Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter, is immensely stressful.
"We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period."
McCartney, who has spent the last two weeks apart from his wife of four years, made his shocking decision known to friends and family today.
Sir Paul was reported to have told one friend earlier: "We really can't go on like this. Enough is enough."
The friend added: "This hasn't just come from Paul. They've decided together that this is the best thing to do. It's by mutual agreement."
The couple had agreed to meet in London for "crisis talks" last week. But according to friends, 37-year-old Heather pulled out in order to stay at home with her sister in East Sussex, where she is recovering from a revision amputation on the leg she lost in an accident 13 years ago.
Sir Paul, who originally told friends he was planning a trip to New York to see lawyers, is thought to have changed his mind in the hope that he and his wife can sort out their differences.
A 'source' said earlier today: "Paul hasn't come to this decision lightly but felt things couldn't carry on as they were. He and Heather were getting on so badly it became impossible for them to sleep under the same roof.
"It's terribly sad for both of them. We're very concerned it’s all over. But nobody has lost hope."
Lady McCartney has revealed in the past that she offered to sign a prenuptial agreement before marrying Sir Paul, but said he turned her down.
The former model said she was prepared to draw up an agreement which would protect the ex-Beatle's estimated £800 million fortune if they split to show that her affections were genuine.
"I wanted to prove that I love him for him," she told Vanity Fair in 2002.
But she told the magazine that she would always remain financially independent.
"I believe every woman should have a reserve, because you never know what will happen in life.
Guys can get bored, especially if they feel they've just got you there," she said.
She gave birth to the couple's child Beatrice, who is now two, in the autumn of 2003.
Sir Paul already has three children from his marriage to Linda, who died in 1998 - musician James, photographer Mary, and fashion designer Stella. He also has a stepdaughter, Heather, from Linda's first marriage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=386557&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=News&ct=5

Poor Sir Paul. She was no Linda but she seemed pretty charming too.

I love Paul and never cared for Heather. I am so happy for Paul that at least he was fortunate enough to have had one great love in his life-- Linda. Many people cannot even claim to have that.

Well, I can't say I'm too surprised :innocent:

I feel sorry for their daughter, though.

So marrying someone your daughter's age just might not work...
thanks Paul!

If Heather isn't after his money, then she should prove all the critics wrong and refrain from pursuing anything beyond child maintenance.

We'll see what happens.....her true colours will be revealed......:innocent:

Paul McCartney to divorce!

Ex-Beatle McCartney blames media for marriage split
Wed May 17, 2006 8:46 AM ET

By Michael Holden
LONDON (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney and his second wife Heather Mills are to separate after four years of marriage, the couple confirmed in a statement on Wednesday, blaming media intrusion into their private life.
McCartney, 63, and former model Mills, 38, who married in a lavish wedding ceremony in Ireland in June 2002, said the constant attention had made "it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship".
"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," the statement said.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much."
The couple, who have a two-year-old baby girl called Beatrice, met in 1999 at a charity event, a year after the death of McCartney's first wife, photographer Linda Eastman, from breast cancer.
"We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period," the statement added.
The announcement follows weeks of speculation in British newspapers about the state of the couple's relationship.
The Daily Mirror reported on Wednesday that the split had come about because the singer could no longer cope with the couple's bitter rows.
"He and Heather were getting on so badly it became impossible for them to sleep under the same roof," the paper quoted an unnamed friend of the musician as saying.
McCartney's first marriage, which lasted 29 years, was said to be one of the happiest in showbusiness and they rarely spent a night apart. He was heartbroken by her death.
His friendship with Mills, who was born the year before Paul and Linda's wedding, blossomed after he said she had helped him to recover from the pain of losing his first wife.
"I'm lucky to have found a good woman who is strong like Linda," McCartney said.
Media reports before the wedding said McCartney's three children from his first marriage were unsure about Mills and McCartney has admitted this had been a problem.
PRESS CRITICISM
Mills, a model turned charity campaigner, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, said the negative press criticism she had received since the start of their relationship had been difficult to handle.
Her sister Fiona hit back at stories from detractors in an article published on Mills' Web site.
"Many of them were hurtful, spiteful, nasty, deeply personal and, above all, untrue; written by journalists who have never met her, haven't a shred of human kindness and whose ‘sources' were various characters claiming to know all about Heather," she wrote.
"I find it almost impossible to put into words for you all just how angry and hurt I am by the treatment Heather has received from so much of the media since she met and fell in love with Paul in 1999."
The Mirror speculated that Mills could receive 200 million pounds ($376 million) out of McCartney's fortune, estimated at 825 million pounds according to the Sunday Times newspaper's annual "Rich List".
In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine published before their marriage, Mills said she had offered to sign a pre-nuptial agreement but that McCartney had turned down the offer.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyid=2006-05-17T124643Z_01_L17632747_RTRUKOC_0_US-MCCARTNEY.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Oops sorry moderators I didn't notice another thread was already posted on this very subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please. I dislike the media, but to blame a whole marriage breaking up on them is a bit extreme. I like him, I've never had much respect for her. At least Stella will be happy.

Did the media really pay that much attention to them?
I rarely heard anything.

I heard they didn't have a prenup....
but I can't imagine that's true.

brokenenglish said:
Did the media really pay that much attention to them?
I rarely heard anything.

I heard they didn't have a prenup....
but I can't imagine that's true.

I think the story goes that Heather WANTED a pre-nup to prove that she really loved him and was not after his money. However, Paul would not hear of it and married her without one. She is going to be one rich lady soon.

i guess it was just an amount of time before this happened .. and in pauls case as they say love is blind

impossibleprincess said:
Oh please. I dislike the media, but to blame a whole marriage breaking up on them is a bit extreme. I like him, I've never had much respect for her. At least Stella will be happy.

I agree on this one...C´mon! Is the media soooooooo into Old McCartney?
Why and how is the media to blame for this? It´s not like they´re in the cover of every tabloid. And he is an grown up lad, he should know by now how to handle the media attention (that by the way has made him millionaire)

C´mon Paul...

Dear Paul,

Marry me and I will give up steak-n-eggs and that nasty baby seal clubbing habit I picked up in Canada. It's just their big eyes, their moppet fur, oh and the piercing screams and blood---so much like Beatlemania, it gets me off everytime. Marry me and it will be like running the gaunlet in the Phillipine airport circa 1966. I am your terrifically muscular bandy-legged pinoy lobbing a brick, you are my baby seal. Put a melody to it! I will sign any prenup you've got and write the middle eight!

Not a fan, but your true love forever,

Melissa

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->