Paul Rowland moves from Women to Ford - Supreme to close?

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by khyrk, Mar 10, 2010.

1. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

more here : http://theimagist.com/node/4395

theimagist

2. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

3. cold_sun

cold_sun New Member

As far as I know (got this from another agent), Supreme is not going to close down :flower:

4. BLACKLAB

BLACKLAB Member

it seems that all that is said above is correct, except that i have heard that karoline from ford will be going to elite as the new director and not to major or nymm. faith also has heard this, as she mentions in her post. i guess we will all see in the next few weeks.

it has been suggested that someone from the womens milan office will be going to new york to run supreme.

5. loverdariafreja

loverdariafreja New Member

this is all such a big shock to me.
    i don't understand how Paul Rowland can leave his masterpiece Supreme which he worked hard to create an identity and brand for, just like that.
    and just when Supreme has gotten such recognition in the industry, and he leaves them?
    woah.

6. fashionfan555

fashionfan555 New Member

I really hope Caroline will just retire from fashion> She is NOT the most easy women to work with. and then I say it VERY mild. Nobody in the industry likes her. except for about 2 bookers. If she will got to Elite it will be so bad for that company.
    But it is very likely, she already switched Chanel iman from Viva to Elite paris.
    So it does kind of make sence she will go to elite and Elite becomes the big network again.
    Ford will get the biggest boost EVER!!Wonder who they will work with in paris and milano.
    I know it will not be Women. ha ha. I think Paris will be:, Nathalie, Marilyn, silent( even though they are opening in New york) and Viva . Milano : Joymodels , d-management, why not.
    it is all very exciting and weird at the same time.
    oh well, we will see how it all will work out.

7. BLACKLAB

BLACKLAB Member

yes i have heard that caroline is also not well liked, but what you say about chanel iman being switched to elite in paris, does start to make sense about the possibities of her really ending up at elite.

it will be interesting to see which models leave women and subsequently the women network, and where paul rowlands "ford" will aline itself with the agencies in paris and milano. i think that fashion fan's hunches should be true. they are the strongest "independent" agencies in there markets.

8. woemwoem

woemwoem Well-Known Member

I don't know why Chanel left Viva for Elite but many Ford NYC girls are with Elite in Paris. Ford and Elite Paris have a relationship - that's why Ford's SOTW girls are all with Elite in Paris and not with Ford Europe, and why so many of the winners of Elite's model competition are with Ford in NYC.

Elite Paris and Elite NYC are also not really affiliated anymore, they just share a name and the Trump dude in NYC and Elite Paris didn't get along although there seems to be a thawing lately.

I wouldn't read too much in Chanel leaving for Elite Paris as meaning she will go to Elite NYC...unless her booker is one of the ones leaving Ford and going to Elite NYC.

Anyone know aside from Caroline which other Ford bookers were fired and what models they repped?

9. BLACKLAB

BLACKLAB Member

i think that "thawing" would be an understatement in regards to the elite europe and elite new york relationship. elite in new york had two girls to place in europe last fall, hannah hollman and dree hemmingway..... they both are with elite in milano. the elite network is totally back together with elite ny and europe.

10. Faith Akiyama

If this switch happened prior to last week it doesn't mean much - I don't believe Caroline was aware of any of this until a few days ago. But while that is true, woemwoem the Elite worldwide network has been mending slowly over the past few seasons (Hannah, Dree, etc.). Several of Elite Paris' prolific newer girls this season will indeed be represented by Elite NY soon, even on top of Ali Carr, Lauren Brown, and Julia Nobis.

ETA: Basically what BLACKLAB said :lol:

I can tell you that it's not a pleasant number of people...

#10 Faith Akiyama, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 11, 2010
  11. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

DO PLEASE INFORM US.....

12. foreverandnone

foreverandnone New Member

yeah dont leave us hanging!

13. Luxx

Luxx oh me, oh my

Oh me, oh my.

No comment...

14. ognimod

ognimod New Member

What happened???? :o

15. Verene

Verene New Member

Oh dear... I'm so confused.

16. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

and yet you are one of the few whose comments on the matter i look forward to :angry:

17. Always Looking

Always Looking New Member

Big happenings. Who's got the scoop?

18. Nueva

Nueva New Member

This is what industry sources reveal: Paul Rowland (founder of Women/Supreme), Mohammed and Peter Cedeno (of Supreme), and Maria Cognata (of Women-Direct) are all off to Ford.

To make way for this "new guard", Ford has cleaned house, and got rid of a bunch of bookers.

Women still employs Louis Chaban and some of their other bookers.
    Don't know what will happen to Women-Direct.
    Supreme is still entact with the remaining bookers, but a handful of models will eventually defect to Ford.

19. Always Looking

Always Looking New Member

Can't wait to see who lands where (bookers and models).B)

20. fashionfan555

fashionfan555 New Member

Anyway, wel will probably find out soon. IF a major return of elite will happen,.......what will happen with patricia van der vliet? she is with elite amsterdam, and paris. will nymodels loose her?