Pens and Instruments

I have a $250 ST Dupont pen.. it was a gift from some rich relative in Moscow that I've never met. I haven't actually used it.

I prefer cheap pens. I always lose them.

^ And I just lost mine ... it wasn't that expensive but I miss it, it was the perfect size :(

:rofl: I won't lie. I love my Sanrio pens. Losing one would ruin my day -
- sanrio

^ Very cute, but I'm not sure they're me :wink:

Does anyone have recommendations for a little bit more formal pen, not too expensive (it could happen again!), that fits a woman's hand well & isn't too heavy?

Does anyone have recommendations for a little bit more formal pen, not too expensive (it could happen again!), that fits a woman's hand well & isn't too heavy?

Do you mean something for carrying in your purse?

If so, I would love to hear a recommendation! :woot:

^ That is exactly what I mean :flower: I want something that is not a great big flashy Montblanc [really meant for a man], definitely nothing Hello Kitty & rhinestones [really meant for Paris Hilton or Kimora], and nothing that looks like it could be a cheap high school graduation present [a la Cross].

I usually buy my pens from Franklin Covey, since I make a trip to the store every year to buy supplies for my planner. I like a slim, sleek design, one that would easily fit into my planner, pocket, or purse if needed. They can get pricey, but I use them so frequently that I think they're completely worth the cost.

Does anyone else have a favorite pen to recommend? :unsure: I still haven't replaced mine ...

Does anyone else have a favorite pen to recommend? :unsure: I still haven't replaced mine ...

just noticed this thread - i love fountain pens... i like the cheap Lamy safari's and i have a 20 yr. old shaeffer that is still going strong, it's brass, slim, and a nice weight in the hand.

ta-ta - i recently got my husband a lamy cp1, it's a really great pen. it won the iF prize for design when it came out, it's definitely got that great german precision and quality to it. and it's not that expensive, a good everyday pen! it might be a bit too masculine for you tho? it's a bit scarce in the US, but i found one online.

pic credit www.lamy.com

^ Thanks for the recommendations, maiden voyage :flower: I will check them out ...

I never spend a lot of money on pens because I know THAT will be the one I will lose or drop into a gutter. :lol:

I love my Uniball Vision Rollerball pens in “fine” (not micro!). We buy them in packs in all colors but I use the black ones 90% of the time.

I hate, hate, hate anything ballpoint :yuk:. It feels horrible to me and it makes my handwriting extra sloppy no matter how hard I try to write neat. I only use them when I have to (on glossy paper, or when I cant find mine in my purse to sign the debit/card reciept etc).

^^ you're welcome, ta-ta!

i think that's true about ballpoints, my handwriting falls apart when i use them.

this thread excites me.. I'm a pen-a-holic, though I wouldn't spend too much on one. I just love a smooth pen and some thick paper.

India ink + calligraphy pen = heaven. Though I like good ole inky Paper Mates as well. Check out this person's flickr photostream for pen samples ^_^:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dowdyism/sets/72157603336739464/
:heart: the thick Paper Mate Flair:
2117375217_c7fa3df27f.jpg

^ Very cute, but I'm not sure they're me :wink:

I used a Zebra F-402. I love it, it's small and light but writes sharp and small which is useful for taking notes - I have small hands with long fingers, and can use it well, and it's pretty much been my preferred pen for doing any writing for the last four years. It also looks pretty sharp, and is cheap, about 4.75$US if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->