Perfume News

Tuti*Fruiti said:
My favourite perfume is by KL, sun moon and stars. If anyone knows where I could find it, i would kiss you all over :kiss: :heart:

hello:

eternity for woman by calvin klein is very similar to sun, moon and stars and i´m sure is much easyer to find :flower: , my favourite karl lagerfeld fragrance is chloé narcisse :woot:

comments on gaultier fragrances or any others

first of all i wanted to say that i looooove perfumes:woot: :heart: and when it comes to mr gaultier´s fragrances something funny happens because i absolutely adore fragile edp, the bottle is fantastic and the smell is even greater:heart: , very flowery, very elegant, it energises me and although there are many beautiful bottles sometimes you wish the smell was better:cry: , fragile edt is also great but i´ll preffer the full impact perfume version:woot: , classique has also a beautiful packaging but the smell is a bit overpowering to me and the summer version (highly collectible) is a bit too creamy for me but not that bad at all, but when it comes to le male... :sick:, for me it´s a headache bottled in a body i surely like to have but not if it smells like that, when i think of that fragrance and in angel by thierry mugler (beautiful bottle, horrible smell, freakishly similar to le male) i think of how different lilkes and dislikes are.... sufficiently different to ask for your opinion on gaultier fragrances or maybe other fragrance you like or dislike

great bottles pluss great scents (of course in my oppinion) and i no particular order:

Fiorilu_w.jpg
fiorilú by pupa
Fragile_w.jpg
fragile by jean paul gaultier
J'Adore_w.jpg
j´adore by dior
Poison_w.jpg
poison by dior (love the colour)
Cabotine_w.gif
cabotine by gres (my absolute favourite for years)
ParisYSL_w.gif
paris by ysl (of course i preffer the crystal cap version but if they don´t sell it like that...)

and so many others.....

great bottles but not so great scents:

M7_m.jpg
m7 by ysl (tom did a great job designing at gucci but i´m not so sure about his perfumer skills, if he did directed the creation of all the fragrances that came out during his period)

RiveGauche_m.jpg
rive gauche for men by ysl (oh my lord!!along kouros (above) i will gladly preffer to use bath room cleaner, much cheaper, same effect...
Kouros_m.gif
kouros by ysl

Angel_w.jpg
angel by thierry mugler: isn´t that a collectibles dreamm bottle, yes!!, isn´t that a wearer´s worst nightmare, sure!!!
LeMale_m.jpg
le male by jean paul gaultier: puff!!!!!

The first time I ever laid my senses on Le Male was on a beautiful man who I dated on and off a decade ago and who is still my friend. Aside from him, I had found the scent to have this perfectly sensual masculinity. But as I noticed other men wearing this fragrance, men who just did not fit it nor their body chemistry of Le Male, but was wearing this 'cause every other man was, the fragrance was just so unattractive at times. Another sad case for one of the sexiest fragrances on the market. I still like Le Male, but when it's worn by the right man. Truthfully, I'm mostly bored of it now 'cause some men didn't know how to choose their trends.

Miss Dior Chérie

hello perfume and dior addicts :flower:

there´s a new dior perfume called Miss Dior Chérie, on the dior cite you can find live interviews to john galliano about it and goodies, enjoy!

miss.jpg

20_61206.jpg

6279_1.jpg

what do you think of the ad, bottle, have you tried it?

the bottle is gorgeous :heart:

i can't wait to smell this ... is it out in the us yet?

where is that other threas, i tried to look if there where other ones about it but i always have so much trouble finding them, thanks anyway for the info.

Hi, I really adore this new miss dior. The soft musk and mandarin, i think different. I can find other parfumes with musk a lot and I feel dizzy......., but this new dior is so fresh musk. GOOD BLEND. I just bought two days ago.

I think we need a thread for all fragnance-related news so we know ahead what we will want come fall :lol:

Sarah Jessica Parker - Lovely

Lovely will be launched this September in the UK and North, Latin and Central America. It will roll out to the Pacific region in October, followed by Asia in November and South America in December.
The scent is described as feminine and chic, with a touch of fantasy. The juice is a silky white amber, and said to be timeless — suitable “for all women, from 17 to 107”, in the words of Parker herself.

Lovely%20SJP2.jpg
The juice opens on notes of fresh mandarin, bergamot, rosewood, lavender and apple Martini, leading to a heart of patchouli and creamy orchid. The base features cedar, white amber, musk and woods.

The flacon, shaped like a teardrop, is topped with a faceted cap and a grosgrain ribbon collar. The initials “SJP” are engraved on the gold-tone actuator.

The outer carton is a pale ballet-slipper pink with a contrasting gold-coloured lining. The box’s cello-wrapping is secured with a signature “SJP” seal.

Lovely%20SJP%201.jpg
The full Lovely product line-up comprises 30ml, 50ml and 100ml edp sprays, a 200ml body lotion, and a 200ml bath and shower gel.

The ad campaign features shots of Parker in a pink, strapless Oscar de la Renta gown. The strap-line reads: “Lovely on the inside”.

(Info from moodiereport.com)

Alexander McQueen will launch MyQueen this fall:

The fragrance has been developed around four, instead of three olfactory levels, signed Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion of IFF. Suave notes of sweet almond and violet open the scent, which settle into an accord of orange flower absolute, white musk, heliotrope and white flowers. This leads to notes of patchouli, cedar and vetiver ending on iris and vanilla accords.

Givenchy - Very Irresistible Givenchy Sensual Eau de Parfum

will be launched in late July with an ad campaign featuring Liv Tyler:

Concocted by International Flavors and Fragrances' Dominique Ropion, Sensual is, like its namesake, a five-pointed aromatic floral whose chief notes include roses. But Sensual includes a special twist: a heart note of Liv Tyler Rose, a velvety rose note combined with green, apple and pear notes. The juice also includes notes of centifolia, peony, fantasia, emotion and passion roses, star anise, sweet-smelling grass, patchouli and vanilla.​
The men's Very Irresistible will debut at the same time.

(via WWD)

Christian Dior - Dior *
a new travel retail exclusive fragrance

The latest fragrance is said to have been inspired by the “Star” couture collection from Dior designer John Galliano. It is described as “citrusy, sparkling and sugar-frosted”.

The juice opens on top notes of bergamot and mandarin tree petitgrain. The heart features honeysuckle and peony; the base sugared almonds and musks.

The flacon is a silver-coated bottle, with star-shaped cut-outs that reveal the yellow-coloured fragrance within. The outer carton features a blue sky/shooting star motif, with the advertising visual† (above) on one side.

In addition to the 50ml edt spray (which retails at US$42), Dior has created a 2 x 50ml duo pack (US$79).

(source moodiereport.com)

Christian Dior - Dior Homme

Set for a September/October 2005 launch, Dior Homme marks a departure from the company’s other men’s lines, Fahrenheit and Eau Sauvage. It the first fragrance linked to Christian Dior men’s fashion, headed by the renowned designer Hedi Slimane. Slimane, much feted in the fashion world for his clean-cut, monochrome suits, is also the artistic director for Dior’s men’s fragrances.

“Our existing men’s lines are not linked to Dior fashion,” said Operational Marketing Director Travel Retailing Alain Cadet. “Dior Homme will be the flagship fragrance and will be the engine for growth for us.”

The bottle and the four advertising visuals bear out Slimane’s winning fashion strategy. The Irish model Jeff appears in a slimline black suit with white open-necked shirt designed by Slimane.

The clean-lined, chunky glass bottle, packaged in silver and black, incorporates an innovative spray mechanism. Instead of the spray being on show inside the bottle, it is covered in a steel tube. “This [steel tube] is a technological breakthrough,” said Cadet. “It is very difficult and expensive to produce.”

The fragrance, described by Cadet as classic and modern at the same time, is also unique in terms of its juice. Cadet told The Moodie Report: “It is the first powdery fragrance for men; it is different. It is floral fragrance with iris as a key ingredient. It is aromatic and also contains cardamom and lavender, with moody notes of vetiver and leather.”

The high-end line is aimed at the 20 to 40 age group and retails 7% above Fahrenheit. Two edts are available: 50ml and 100ml. The ancillary products will include aftershave lotion, aftershave gel in a tube, deostick and deo spray, and shower gel.

(moodiereport.com)

Calvin Klein - Euphoria
will launch in September:

The juice, developed by International Flavors and Fragrances with Ann Gottlieb, has top notes of pomegranate, persimmon and lush green accord; a heart of dewy lotus blossom, champaca flower and black orchid, and a drydown of liquid amber, black violet, cream accord and mahogany wood.

A men's version is expected in 2006.
(via WWD)

Chanel - Allure Sensuelle in September:

Chanel’s master perfumer, Jacques Polge, used Allure’s six “facets” — Oriental, fresh, floral, fruity, woody and spicy — as a guideline in creating Allure Sensuelle, noted Laurie Palma, senior vice president of fragrance and Internet marketing. Key ingredient additions — such as pink pepper and patchouli — make Allure Sensuelle a little younger and edgier, she said.​
Sensuelle will also have an incense note, and the fruity-floral notes in the original Allure will be softer. (WWD)

Cumming

bottle2.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=-1][font=Arial, Helvetica][size=-1] What do you get when you cross an award winning actor (Alan Cumming), an award winning perfumer (Christopher Brosius), and an award winning creative director (Jason Schell)...

A new look at the classic world of men's fragrance: combining three distinct talents to bring you a scent that is all about Sex, Scotch, Cigars and Scotland.

A sexy, fun and mischievous fragrance with top notes of: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Scotch Pine, Whiskey. Core notes of: Cigar, Heather, Douglas Fir, Rubber. Base notes of: Leather, Highland Mud, Peat Fire & White Truffle.
(cummingthefragrance.com)
[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Great topic! I'm especially interested in SJP's fragrance and the Dior Homme one. It somewhat scares me that there's so many new fragrances running to the market lately though. It's hard to find a quality perfume with all those fashion brands trying to get with the big boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->