Personal Style Etc.

^ maybe you have just found what works best for you. :smile:

I found that sometimes I would "mix it up" for the sake of doing something different, and ended up feeling silly or like I wasn't dressed like myself. I have gone back to dressing pretty much the same as I always have, in jeans, tee shirts, sneakers or boots, hoodies, and military or motorcycle-style jackets.

I no longer worry about not being creative enough, and I can get dressed more quickly in the morning. :lol:

RE: weather. It's been all over the place here, and I kind of like the hot weather/cold/windy/rainy mix that cycles every few days. But then we don't really have seasons here, so it's not like I was expecting anything in particular. :lol:

Spring is on steroids this year it seems, and it's getting even warmer this week.. :stuart:
I'm not prepared for warm weather yet so this week I'm going to look for some shorts,
something light and simple, probably beige or light denim..

Besides that I have pretty much all the summer essentials I need,
maybe some simple t-shirts with a loose crewneck in solid colours extra would be nice :smile:

I found that sometimes I would "mix it up" for the sake of doing something different, and ended up feeling silly or like I wasn't dressed like myself. I have gone back to dressing pretty much the same as I always have, in jeans, tee shirts, sneakers or boots, hoodies, and military or motorcycle-style jackets.

I no longer worry about not being creative enough, and I can get dressed more quickly in the morning. :lol:

I hear you! I have been struggling with my style, thinking I need to be more creative and different and try new things... But so many times when I bought something different than what I usually wear it just didn't really work or I had to think hard how to integrate it into my wardrobe. My style isn't crazy or especially creative but then again I'm just who I am. It's much better when I just go on with what works for me!

(Oh, and I have been wearing breton striped tees for about ten years now and I hate that they are so trendy right now. I wanted to give up wearing it for that sake but when I put one on again it just felt so much me... So I still wear them, hoping they'll soon be "out" again :-))

I'm stuck in a bit of a 'rut' at the moment with my personal style. its been driving me insane the past few days! I work in retail and love putting outfits together etc for work and I'm always being commented on what I wear and how good I look. However, I feel like I'm starting to wear the same outfits again and again, maybe I lack creativity?! I am not a patterned dress/girly girl kinda gal, I live in black tight jeans, loafers, breton stripe tops, leather jackets, maxi skirts, army boots & band tee's. I do realise I am rambling on here but if anyone has some advice on mixing style's up, I'd lvoe to hear! Also, sorry if this is not quite the right thread but took a guess and thought this suited best!
sounds pretty good to me...
i don't know why you'd change it if you've got something going that works right now...
you'll find something new that inspires you soon enough...
especially if you're in retail and exposed to new stuff all the time...
i say just let it happen naturally...
if you force it...
well...
like tang says..it usually looks forced...
:P

i am now officially obsessed with finding a pair of summer heels...
:shock::shock::shock:...
seriously...OBSESSED...!!!...
:doh:...:ninja:...:huh:...

Originally posted by RedandNavy

I hear you! I have been struggling with my style, thinking I need to be more creative and different and try new things... But so many times when I bought something different than what I usually wear it just didn't really work or I had to think hard how to integrate it into my wardrobe. My style isn't crazy or especially creative but then again I'm just who I am. It's much better when I just go on with what works for me!

(Oh, and I have been wearing breton striped tees for about ten years now and I hate that they are so trendy right now. I wanted to give up wearing it for that sake but when I put one on again it just felt so much me... So I still wear them, hoping they'll soon be "out" again :-))
Originally posted by tangerine

^ maybe you have just found what works best for you. :smile:

RE: weather. It's been all over the place here, and I kind of like the hot weather/cold/windy/rainy mix that cycles every few days. But then we don't really have seasons here, so it's not like I was expecting anything in particular. :lol:

I had this same problem years ago.
(I been thru like every single style...from 50s style to hipster...trust me, it was not pretty
:lol::ninja:)

It looks kinda lame if everyone were dressing creative and crazy way, and as tangerine said, it is much more quicker to leave the door in the morning when I don´t have to think and think what to wear.
If creative dressing does not come naturally from you, then just don´t do it!
That is my rule and after starting to follow it I have felt so much better. Why to force yourself to dress that way if you don´t feel comfortable?!?
98% of time when I see someone walking past me wearing something crazy looks just try-hard and their look screams ``WATCH ME I AM SO EFFING CRRRRRRRAAAAZYYYYY´´
:rolleyes:

YAY, sun is shining again!
Weather is getting warmer and warmer.
Soon I can start wearing my TOMs shoes and ballet shoes without socks
:lol:
That is what I have been wating for.

I have a bit of a crisis. A style crisis I guess. In the past years I loved putting my outfits together and my closet has some very nice pieces that make me feel confident, chic and pretty. I've loved thinking about what to wear and carried myself through life with a smile and most of the time I felt happy with myself.

I've recently had my husband take some pics of my outfits and posted them on the "what are you wearing today" thread but actually it has made me feel totally insecure... Well, my hubby isn't a good photographer and I am definitely not a model knowing how to pose in the best way, so my pics are not of the great quality of some of the others. Looking at them I've started to doubt everything :shock: I felt that my outfits weren't especially exciting compared to others and that maybe they didn't even suit my body. I felt that I need to rethink my hair and that... well... basically I just wasn't very pretty. :cry:

Right now I feel like "giving up" and just stop trying to care about my looks. But then, I always loved caring about them and I have felt pretty and confident in every day life. Therefore I ask you guys: Has anyone of you ever had such a crisis? Like seeing pics of yourself and thinking: gosh, why do I even care? Like feeling maybe your outfits were pretty blah in the end? And how did you react?

I know I will find my way out of the crisis again since I think I'm a person with a very positive personality in every day life who just loves clothes and taking care of her image. But right now I'm feeling a bit down.

I have a bit of a crisis. A style crisis I guess. In the past years I loved putting my outfits together and my closet has some very nice pieces that make me feel confident, chic and pretty. I've loved thinking about what to wear and carried myself through life with a smile and most of the time I felt happy with myself.

I've recently had my husband take some pics of my outfits and posted them on the "what are you wearing today" thread but actually it has made me feel totally insecure... Well, my hubby isn't a good photographer and I am definitely not a model knowing how to pose in the best way, so my pics are not of the great quality of some of the others. Looking at them I've started to doubt everything :shock: I felt that my outfits weren't especially exciting compared to others and that maybe they didn't even suit my body. I felt that I need to rethink my hair and that... well... basically I just wasn't very pretty. :cry:

Right now I feel like "giving up" and just stop trying to care about my looks. But then, I always loved caring about them and I have felt pretty and confident in every day life. Therefore I ask you guys: Has anyone of you ever had such a crisis? Like seeing pics of yourself and thinking: gosh, why do I even care? Like feeling maybe your outfits were pretty blah in the end? And how did you react?

I know I will find my way out of the crisis again since I think I'm a person with a very positive personality in every day life who just loves clothes and taking care of her image. But right now I'm feeling a bit down.

I think we all can have such crisis once in a while. I've been there myself - recently, as I described in the 4-5 piece french wardrobe-thread. Not that I don't like my style, but I do not think it suits me anymore.

However, I think you look good - very chic and classic with nice twists :smile:

Thank you, Betinaple! I have been thinking about it quite a bit yesterday evening and I decided I just will go on doing my thing. I will have to learn from what I don't like and invest more into what I like. Sometimes pictures can make you sigh and think "oh no. This is not what I wanted to look like". But maybe that's okay and it helps me to get to know what I wanna look like. Cause thankfully those pictures exist, too. :D

I think it all has to do with the changes in life I'm in. Just recently had my second baby and right now still on maternity leave. It's a different world I'm in right now and I'm still struggeling to find the new me, not only but also in my style.

Thank you, Betinaple! I have been thinking about it quite a bit yesterday evening and I decided I just will go on doing my thing. I will have to learn from what I don't like and invest more into what I like. Sometimes pictures can make you sigh and think "oh no. This is not what I wanted to look like". But maybe that's okay and it helps me to get to know what I wanna look like. Cause thankfully those pictures exist, too. :D

I think it all has to do with the changes in life I'm in. Just recently had my second baby and right now still on maternity leave. It's a different world I'm in right now and I'm still struggeling to find the new me, not only but also in my style.

Pictures ARE good. I use pictures to figure out if outfit-combinations work. I also take pictures with my cell when I'm out trying on clothes to see if it looks good. Pictures can be helpfull seing yourself in a different way.

Of course when your life changes, you change too. I think that too is why I feel like i need a more grown-up style. You must know how that feels, being a mother of two? Also wanted to tell you, that I think it is so great that you still have the energi, need and want to think about your style even though you have two kids. Thumbs up :flower:

^^I agree with Betinapple, RedandNavy. You are going through some big life changes right now, and it takes a lot of energy to do what you're doing. Kudos to you for taking a little time for yourself!

^^I agree with Betinapple, RedandNavy. You are going through some big life changes right now, and it takes a lot of energy to do what you're doing. Kudos to you for taking a little time for yourself!

Thank you, ShoestringTravel! I have decided to be more forgiving and generous with me again. I guess it is okay to have a bit of a style crisis in moments of great change. I think I will find myself again with time. And about "taking a little time for myself": My two babies are great and the best thing that has ever happened, but taking care of myself helps me to keep myself in the good mood that I need to be a good and patient mum.

Thank you, ShoestringTravel! I have decided to be more forgiving and generous with me again. I guess it is okay to have a bit of a style crisis in moments of great change. I think I will find myself again with time. And about "taking a little time for myself": My two babies are great and the best thing that has ever happened, but taking care of myself helps me to keep myself in the good mood that I need to be a good and patient mum.

I'm working in a challenging job right now that takes up all of my free time, and the only thing that keeps me from being a total wreck is taking a bit of time to exercise and plan out my clothes every day--otherwise I'd be a total stress-case! So I can sympathize with how you might be feeling right now. :flower:

By the way, I don't know if you're here in the U.S. or not, but tomorrow is Mother's Day in the U.S., so happy Mother's Day!

My friend did just spend 3 HOURS infront the mirror and checking her outfits in every single angle.
Changing her clothes at least 15 times.
It was crazy, it looked crazy and I was bored to death.
I really could not do that anymore. Not even when I have those
nothing-to-wear-days.
She just did amaze me and all I did was yelling
`let´s go now! you look fine! we are in hurry! come on now!´
HAHA

My work have made me lazy (working at kids day care center)
and when my clothes are full of booger and drool at the end of the day
I really do not like to put best clothes on...
:doh:
Usually we are hanging around in black sweatpants and t-shirts.
HAHAH
We really would not get the best dressed-award.

Btw. I have noticed that I do get more excited to see Megan Fox in sweatpants
than someone fashionable (I hate that word) in seriously chic outfit.
It was otherway around few years ago.

Sorry, this was totally random rambling. Not really any point.
Well, one point: work you are at can make you lazy...
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah---and another point...
kids are disgusting and really bad for your nice clothes...

:lol:...

kids are disgusting and really bad for your nice clothes...

I went to a client's house in pin-stripe pants of white and light blue. Mom said, "You're very brave to go to a 7 year old's house in white pants, miss." :P

You want to look professional yet you need to dress comfortably for the kids. There's really little to no middle ground when it comes to doing both. :lol:

You are brave! I have only few times worn something white and everytime it did end in tragic.
(read: red paint all over me and 2nd time my shirt was full of blueberry pie).

:ninja::lol:

yea kids are awful. the first time i even met my nephew i had just arrived at a family gathering i was handed him from his mom and he threw up on my new coat not once but twice. and i had to attempt to clean it up because i was spending the entire day with my extended family so i got to go around with kid puke on my coat all day. that being said, he really doesn't like me, he likes everyone but me but whatever, i'm still mad at him (is that bad to say about a 1 year old?)

I'm having the biggest craving for a pair of simple, nude heels.
celine5.png

farfetch.com

I think they'd look amazing on tanner legs for summer... and kind of elongate the legs. Really loving these from Céline, hoping to find a similar pair when I go to Paris..

My personal style can be described as dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. I wear that every day. Not very imaginative or especially "fashionable", but it works well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->