Personal Style Etc.

I also always go through such phases when big changes in my life - from outside or inside - occur. It's almost as if my wardrobe were a extension of my personality/life and when changes occur I feel the need to adjust it. :wink:

I have been wondering what sparked mine, but cannot single any particular event or crisis - yet! All that I am aware of at present is that I had purchased one poor quality garment too many, and the sheer expense of this over a long period of time finally settled upon me, uncomfortably. I was actually quite furious, and almost immediately began to bag up the clothes which no longer satisfied me with a view to sending them to charity shops. Several months later I haven't gone back, so it was most likely final for me. There were stores which I had sworn by previously, that I have never even looked in since. So yes, after purchasing something bad, once too often (and perhaps several times in a row) it seems that I was shaken awake.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah well...
spending loads of money on a bunch of stuff that doesn't last will frustrate anyone...
i think it's a good thing...
sounds like you are on the brink of something bigger and better for yourself...
keep at it i say!

:flower:

guys i need your help!
i have an hourglass figure - i have boobs, hips and a tiny waist. plus i'm tiny, only 160cm.
i really love Olivia Palermo's and VB's style, but they're slim, flat and with no butt! so things that look great on them would make me look fat etc.
could you please recommend some celebs that have similar body to mine and a good style... because i love to follow celebs' style here on tFS and get inspired by them :flower:

^Nigella Lawson .. hands down! (she may be a bit bigger than you but she does embody the whole hourglass figure celeb)

And here´s my q. : Im attending THE fashion show of the year in my country tomorrow .. but I have no idea about what to wear .. I was thinking of highwater pants, a dress shirt and a nice jacket .. but because of the fact that Im a stylist for this mag, I feel like I have to push it a little bit ... like a pocketsquare? I love hats, but fashion shows ALWAYS get really hot .. and on top of it, we are on the rainy season (and its at night) so Im a bit undecided .. any pointers would help.

ultra...
i think whatever you wear- you MUST wear great shoes...
and i think that what you described sounds good...

i like the style of these guys who just got written up in the NY times...
streetetiquette.com
have fun!
:woot:

guys i need your help!
i have an hourglass figure - i have boobs, hips and a tiny waist. plus i'm tiny, only 160cm.
i really love Olivia Palermo's and VB's style, but they're slim, flat and with no butt! so things that look great on them would make me look fat etc.
could you please recommend some celebs that have similar body to mine and a good style... because i love to follow celebs' style here on tFS and get inspired by them :flower:

maybe someone like salma hayek (though i confess i don't really know what her style looks like lately) or dita von teese?

christina hendricks has a fuller figure and looks great in the mad men styles but she's hit-or-miss as a style inspiration i think...
just not really consistent imo

it shouldn't be this difficult to think of celebs who have curves :rolleyes:

well---
there are all of the kardashians...
and jessica simpson...
though they just tend to dress like Trashy Barbie...

:lol:...
there you go...
how about Barbie?!?...
:wink:...

or that chick from mad men...what's her name?
:flower:

whatever you do...
DON'T dress anything like snookie~!...
:o...^_^...

oh...
i can feel a tiny bit of fall in the air...

can't wait for fall---
leaves falling...roasted root vegetables...and gorgeous yummy sweaters, scarves and boots...
all the same colour story...

:heart:...

I want to start layeringggggg and wearing lots of scarves and socks and leggings and cuteness! It's 84 degrees and humid and sunny and boooooo.

I wear grey/black t-shirts and jeans exclusively. I would dress up a bit more if I could, but it's extremely hot and humid here very often. It simply wouldn't be practical.

And I hate having to shave my legs all the time. I like it in the winter when I can grow a small forest on my legs and not even worry about it because I'm wearing jeans, leggings, or tights every day.

:lol:...
maybe that post should go in the 'tell us a secret' thread...
cause i don't know if that is really a 'personal style statement' so much as laziness...

:P...

So just a quick question for ya'll- I'm starting college again but this time at a new school (tomorrow! :shock:). And I'm rather nervous about it to be honest, so I figured one way to make me feel better would be to wear some thing nice that I'll feel comfortable in but also stylish (but not to dressy obviously). I want to seem approachable to my fellow classmates but also stand out in my own way. So any suggestions as what to wear? I have a few ideas but at the moment they all just seem lame (or it could just be one aspect of my nerves). Also for fun, lets say if you were going back to school, what would you wear on the first day? :smile:

What's your weather forecast? I'm in Ohio, so the weather can be anything from cold and rainy to hot and humid, with everything in between (sometimes even on the same day!). If I had a better idea of temperature, I'd be able to suggest something that might work for you.

i think we have a thread on what to wear when you are a student...or at university...
you should do a search---probably a better place to ask that question...:smile:...

hurt my wrist or i'd try to find it for you...

Thanks Softgrey and ATM1985. :flower: It was super rainy today so I just went with a casual outfit of jeans, black shirt, scarf, moccasins and some jewelry. Nothing too jazzed up because the weather was so crummy and I hate getting really nice things wet.

Probably a little late to be giving advice, but the first day of school isn't the only time you can look stylish, right? :lol:

Anyways, I saw this girl in a maroon dress and Doc Martens. The Doc Martens were a bit off-putting, but the dress was modern and beautiful! And it didn't seem like she was "trying too hard" at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->