Peter Do S/S 2022 New York

I am not at all impressed. Again, the clothes aren't neccessarily bad but it doesn't look like something that needed to be presented on runway. Such a waste of everyone's time and money.

And I'm lowkey tired of this aesthetic. Step it up people, move on.

Well at least it's not another parade of his former boss works. Maybe he should be the one that should take over Helmut Lang because that all I can see, also CKC by Francisco Costa.

When he was just an "Instagram designer" with some teasing of looks there and there, he was really good and have huge potential.

Now he is blank, inoffensive and we have seen that a zillion times already. The NYFW for me is a long parade of fake edgy minimalism. Like most of them believe to be the children of CK, Donna Karan and Helmut Lang whereas they are absolutely not.

We get it NYFW is business so here down our throats a ton of commercial driven clothes but where is the dream and the fun?

I really like this collection. While it has this edgy-helmut-lang-ish feel written all over it, I feel like this should be the direction of the NYFW. It's sharp and very down to earth in a refined, fresh way. Some pieces didn't work in the context of a show, but still it's miles ahead of the rest of the Project Runway Fashion Week. I'm kind of excited to see his evolution as a designer tbh.

I was really excited for this one... but a lot of the looks could have been cut and the tailoring/quality still needs work. It doesn't feel like he quite has a vision or aesthetic warranting a runway show.

This collection is so pedestrian, it could be any other NY designer. How disappointing considering he had such a strong vision at the start with his sleek tailoring. Somehow I think that his clothes looked better in the lookbook format because this runway show is doing them no favours.

I'm also rolling my eyes at the 'tokenistic' casting.

It's interesting that he went for something more relaxed and less structured, I wasn't expecting this tbh. Its simple and approachable, and pretty much his first collection that actually feels like spring/summer. Although it's less impactful than his previous collections - I'm still more of a shocker for his very sharp, strict tailoring and cold minimalism - I enjoyed quite a bit. Shows he's not cornered in one specific look.

^I believe the reason he went more relaxed and less structured is his buyers and wearers complain that his clothes are hard to wear.

i agree that this collection looks less impressive that his previous lookbook collections but there are some great pieces. For example i like his modern take on Vietnamese Ao Dai and the feeling of precious left undone of the toile-like jacket with crystal embellishment (which somehow reminds me of Prada).

It's weird because I didn't even get the Ao Dai inspo until I saw the press. Either the reference isn't strong enough or the styling is overpowering it. There are some really incredible traditional Vietnamese garments that could have been interpreted in a modern way without losing the actual origin. I've been a huge fan of the brand since it first started and have wanted to see it succeed - especially because there are very few Vietnamese designers/industry people and it's nice to see representation improve over the last few years. Unfortunately, this is a miss.

^I believe the reason he went more relaxed and less structured is his buyers and wearers complain that his clothes are hard to wear.

i agree that this collection looks less impressive that his previous lookbook collections but there are some great pieces. For example i like his modern take on Vietnamese Ao Dai and the feeling of precious left undone of the toile-like jacket with crystal embellishment (which somehow reminds me of Prada).

That's interesting, I can definitely see how his look might be a little too heavy for some people. It's a whole lotta wool and leather lol. Personally it's what attracted me to his work tho. But you can see he's been loosing it up recently. Last season he worked a lot with softer materials, like those fabulous silk slip dresses.

the first look is interesting but I can‘t care about the rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"