Peter Jensen A/w 2004

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
I just noticed these got posted on vogue uk so I thought I would share. I've been searching for some works by him but never could find anything...so I never knew too much about his style except that he finds inspiration from English classicism. I'm pleasantly pleased by this I must say...very quirky but very wearable! Seems a little bit like a cross between United Bamboo and Antoni & Alison with a hint of Bernhard.

I like his interpretation of the maid's uniform :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 14th, 2004 - 8:55 pm
Seems a bit dismal to me... :unsure:
Look at the entire collection because you get a better perspective of it. These are just some of my favorite looks :flower:

no groundbreaking material, still i quite like what you posted scott*

thanks for bringing this in :flower:

Purple,there should be in collection section on the front page. Click for London then scroll all the way down to where Preen and the like are. :flower:

Lena,that's very true. What's important,though,he seems to have his own style which appears to be quite personal. I like that in a designer.

Btw,there's another Scandinavian in London by the name of Siv Støoldal....has anybody ever seen any of his work? I hear his name tossed about now and again and he seems quite interesting. Concerete in London does PR for him so he must be a bit interesting.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:10 pm
Btw,there's another Scandinavian in London by the name of Siv Støoldal....has anybody ever seen any of his work?
Are you sure it's a he and not a she? Siv Støldal sounds like a Norwegian woman.

Originally posted by tott+Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Mar 15th, 2004 - 1:10 pm
Btw,there's another Scandinavian in London by the name of Siv Støoldal....has anybody ever seen any of his work?
Are you sure it's a he and not a she? Siv Støldal sounds like a Norwegian woman. [/b][/quote]
Might be,as I'm not completely familiar.

As far as I know Siv Støldal is indeed a Norwegian woman. I don’t know much about her but I remember seeing a couple of her T-shirts on www.brownsfashion.co.uk.

Peter Jensen is actually pretty unknown here in Denmark at the moment but it seems like he’s slowly gaining popularity. Apparently he’s pretty big in Japan.

Before moving to England and Central St. Martins he studied here in the city where I live, and he also worked at the local theatre.

He claims to always take inspiration from a woman (to name a few: Marianne Faithfull, Olga Korbut and Gertrude Stein) even when he’s designing men’s clothes.

His sense of humour is evident and very central in his work, and he try to focus on details and craftsmanship.

For more pictures try http://www.firstview.com/alldesigners/PeterJensen.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->