Peter Pilotto F/W 10.11 London

i definitely see the similarities to balenciaga. however, there's more of a softness here that i dont necessarily see in balenciaga. with the rodarte thing.. they both used the draping/intertwining of fabrics but here its dont properly and more structured; it does not look thrown around.

I'm not too fond of the looks with the fur; it's used in a very abysmal manner, imo. Apart from that though, it's a fantastic collection and as many have already noted, a true departure from what Peter typically designs. It is still very him but it's fresh and unexpected. He is beginning to rely less on print and focus more on silhouette and fit. I am especially pleased with the dresses with all the simple yet effective draping. Gorgeous stuff. :heart:

absolutely stunning. i agree its more mature. instead of just relying on wacky prints, he really constructed beautiful clothes using those prints.

What are those fur accessories that look like animals' heads? :yuk:

i know that marc jacobs didn't INVENT the idea of touches of fur on every single thing, but his rendition of that idea has certainly launched a multitude of imitators....each more outrageous than the next! just when i though i couldn't get more shocked than their use at thom browne, there's this!

Completely agree with what's been said already, that it's nice to see a collection which is more than just beautiful prints. That whole trend of intense, digitalized prints used on uninteresting shapes and cuts has been grating on my nerves for a while now. It's nice to see a designer who made his name on those prints branching out into making interesting clothes.

Very refreshing.

Besides the fur bits this collection is wonderful. The flowy dresses are so dreamy. I even like the orange and gray coats. Another fantastic collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->