Peter Pilotto S/S 11 London

I love their collection...It's such a joy to see how they works perfectly togather....
The dresses are amazing, last season is the best, but this season is not bad too, love the blue thry are using. DOnt like the silhoutte of the pants , and the knit one, can totally cross out from this collection. I can see less pattern but more colour mixing..Good !

I really enjoy some of it, and then there are pieces
that are very... not boring, but not very runway.
deffinetly hit and miss

I haven't liked a collection by Peter this much since probably winter 2008. It just feels perfectly balanced and very 'complete', he seems to be experimenting more with shapes and integrating his incredible prints with equal importance.. in the past (especially recent shows) I feel like he couldn't really find a neutral point where both sides were just as intricate and I think he finally did with this collection.. the freshness of it reminds me a little of Preen's earlier shows in London.. :heart:

mullet,i am with you. i haven't exactly been moved by his work in a few seasons. i think the last one i truly loved was the one with the cowboy boots and the shearlings.

this is very much evolved and taking on fresher silhouettes. i agree about the preen comparison.

A creative collection!
But some of the proportions of some of the pieces don't work for me...

Not a fan of the prints and how they arranged them. So disappointed.

How could I have missed this one? Such an intricate collection, beautifully and subtly collaged, a new longer silhouette and hemline without looking like they sent out "gowns". The collection may look understated but the prints, the mixed materials, the details are mind-blowing, and the closing dresses are all phenomenal.

I just don't get the hype with Kane, Deacon, Burberry, Katrantzou, etc., when this IMO is the best collection of London Fashion Week. Mulletproof nailed it - it is "intricate", yet unfussy, thoughtfully constructed but not stiff or overdone, arty but wearable, a neutral palette but far from bland, demure yet sexy, especially in movement. It's a perfect balance of prints, textures and colours, Michael Van der Ham should pay heed. I expected more from Sanders and Erdem but they delivered pretty but vacuous pieces this season. Must take a closer look at Mario Schwab soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->