Peter Saville

Reaction score
I would say he has to be my favorite graphic designer without a doubt, just becasue of who has worked with (Joy Division, New Order, Pulp, Suede) and the actual work he has produced. I was just wondering what other people thought of him.
If there is another thread similar to this feel free to delete.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, it's a wonderful idea for a thread, he is definitely one of the greatest ...
i love his use of colours, especially when working with nick knight and he has a good feeling for reduction.
maybe you could also post some images that you particularly liked?

here are two to begin with, for suede and yamamoto

Yohji Yamamoto/V&A Exhibition & Publication

YES collaborated with Peter Saville on the art direction and design for the retrospective exhibition of Yohji Yamamoto’s work. Under the direction of Saville, we were responsible for all visual material produced for show. Elements included a 192 page case‑bound book, print campaign, exhibition graphics, private view invites, exhibition guide and signage around the V&A. Main campaign image shot by Nick Knight, who alongside Peter Saville and Marc Ascoli, had created the defining Yohji campaigns of the 80s and 90s.

Typeface Used: Helvetica Neue
septemberindustry.co.uk

he worked on the Y-3 s/s 2014 collection called 'meaningless excitement'...
Y3-Header.jpg
There was a turning point, one day back in 2003, when our trips to the gym got a little more fashion-forward. Yohji Yamamoto’s partnership with Adidas, Y-3, kicked off a decade of conceptual athletics-inspired pieces, becoming an instant favorite for the sporty set and beyond.
Y-3’s latest endeavor, just launched at Barneys, has everything we have come to expect from this dream team, plus one: graphic designer Peter Saville. Best known for creating album artwork for the likes of New Order and Joy Division, Saville last worked with Yamamoto in 1991 on the designer’s “Game Over” collection.
As it turns out, game not over.
Twenty-something years later, the pair brings us their Spring 2014 collection titled “Meaningless Excitement” and with it, plenty to be excited about! Referencing our internet-obsessed culture, Saville incorporated colorful prints and edgy typography into Y-3’s always forward-thinking creations.

barneys.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->