Phi

faust

Reaction score
Well, I guess this is what happens when the billionaire wives get bored and want to get some spotlight and feel all artsy and fashionable. At least it's better than making home p*rn.

I present you with Dell's (as in Michael Dell, as in the huge computer company magnate) wife's new fashion company, Phi. I checked the store in Soho out, and the store is pretty cool actually. She hired a designer named Andreas (something) who used to work for Calvin Klein. The clothes were not bad at all, actually, but too much of a cross between Ann Demeulemeester and Rick Owens to be called original. The prices were just ridiculous. In any case I hope Andreas finds his vein - I think he has the potential.

The flatscreen monitors showing the collection videos in the store were by Dell :shock:

PHI

Definately better than Paris-p*rn..I quiet liked some of the jackets and skirts.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 27 2004, 01:56 PM
To be honest, I also expected this to be pretty bad... But- it isn't. :o
[snapback]408331[/snapback]​

Oh, I didn't say it's bad, just very unoriginal. I don't want to say it's copied, but I could :P .

i don't watch that many videos for fashion shows but i watched this one and the models keep having to adjust their dresses, pull up their shirt sleeves b/c it was falling down, etc. do they normally do this or is it just poorly fitted?

and OT but how do you save pictures from sites that use flash?

Originally posted by rayncloudx@Oct 27 2004, 07:07 PM
and OT but how do you save pictures from sites that use flash?
[snapback]408608[/snapback]​
Just press down the ctrl, alt and print screen buttons at the same time. Then paste and crop it in paint. :flower:

Anyone know what the name of the second to last song is? I dig it way more than the clothes.

Just finished watching the video:
- Maria Carla has the best walk
- yes, the models kept adjusting their clothes
- which is something you should never, ever do
- I didn't manage to remember the song... sorry
- that guy yawning right at the end
- basic, marketable clothing
:innocent:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 27 2004, 07:11 PM
Just press down the ctrl, alt and print screen buttons at the same time. Then paste and crop it in paint. :flower:
[snapback]408614[/snapback]​

awesome :heart: :heart: thanks

thx faust...i agree with your assessment...ann/rick owens...a bit of ferretti...

i like all the shoes...are they in the store..?

it's my kind of aesthetic you know...but it's lacking the edge that makes it feel authentic...once the rough edges are smoothed out it loses something...i prefer the originals... :flower:

I like it, but not very original, i'd rather buy rick or ann

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 27 2004, 08:57 PM
thx faust...i agree with your assessment...ann/rick owens...a bit of ferretti...

i like all the shoes...are they in the store..?

it's my kind of aesthetic you know...but it's lacking the edge that makes it feel authentic...once the rough edges are smoothed out it loses something...i prefer the originals... :flower:
[snapback]408685[/snapback]​

Yep, the shoes are in the store. They caught my attention too. They seemed to be well made, but I wasn't keen on the contrasting sole from the upper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->