Phobia

Reaction score
I luuuuuuuuurve earrings and wish i could wear them... :cry:

I actually went to get my ears pieced last year and you know how they draw the dots on first...well this woman who was going to piece them couldn't draw the dot on my ear lobe her hands were shaking so much. Then she brought out the gun, and I was like no way am i gonna let her staple that thing in my head by accident - so I left. :doh: :shock:

Now I have this really big phobia of the gun, any comments on getting your ears pierced??? I am desperate to wear earrings, but am too scared to get them pierced... :(

I had my ears peirced once, and I cried for so long after. (I was younger then..) It hurt a lot... the woman said it was because my ear lobes were relatively thick. The worst part for me however was when I put on/took off earrings.. that feeling of poking something through my ear just wasn't pleasant! So I just let them close up after a while. But this is just me, I'm very very chicken :blush:

If you do want peirced ears, I say go for it! A lot of my friends and people I know have peircings, from belly button to nose to eyebrow, and they're fine with it. And everyone has peirced ears nowadays :smile: Just close your eyes and think of something else, like your toes :wink:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:42 pm
Just don't trust the NRA and don't use a gun...
:lol: i call you killer because you slay me... :P

If you really want your ears pierced I'd get it done at a proper piercing studio if I were you. They'll use a needle, which hurts much less than a gun :flower:

Originally posted by Caramel@Apr 28th, 2004 - 11:07 pm
If you really want your ears pierced I'd get it done at a proper piercing studio if I were you. They'll use a needle, which hurts much less than a gun :flower:
Absolutely!

Hurts less and gives a cleaner piercing!

It's usually a lot more expensive, but worth it. It really is.

:flower:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Apr 28th, 2004 - 11:25 pm
Or just do it yourself as does my good friend when she feels the boredom..
If you really know what you're doing, home piercings are perfectly fine! That is IF you know what you are doing..

Originally posted by tott@Apr 28th, 2004 - 11:31 pm
If you really know what you're doing, home piercings are perfectly fine! That is IF you know what you are doing..
Yes... she didn't :lol:
Trial and error is what we called it B)

There was a boy in my school who did that. He just went to the bathroom, sterilsed the needle with his lighter, and poked it through, he now has 3 nose holes.

I have 3 holes in each ear... it hurt a bit after it was pierced... but it was nothing to cry about..

I even went to the "Piercing Pagoda" in a local mall.. :lol:

Just do it.. :smile:

If you really don't want to get them done, how about some clip ons? Anouk Lepere has some gorgeous ones in her line. :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 28th, 2004 - 4:43 pm
If you really don't want to get them done, how about some clip ons? Anouk Lepere has some gorgeous ones in her line. :flower:
For one reason or another, a lot of designers do clip-ons... I know Dior and Chanel do a lot of them for sure :flower:

PS: If you really really want to get your ears pierced, heed everyone's advice and get them done at a tattoo place, where you can get pierced with an actual needle instead of a gun. It is way safer and efficient.

i'm gonna also suggest going to a professional piercer for 'em if you want to get 'em done. no guns, + it someone who pokes holes in skin for a living.....they know what they're doing ... just make sure it's a reputable place... do some research .. shouldn't be too hard...

or yeah, clip-ons are a good idea, too, if you really really really don't wanna do it.

i got mine done when i was like 7 yrs old with a gun, though (hey, i was 7)... i wore earrings on + off for the past 14 years (sometimes going years without 'em)... i haven't worn them for at least a year + the holes are still open .. they won't close .. so i've started wearing earrings again.... makes me a little worried about how my lip is gonna heal up, once i take it out....

I actually didn't think it hurt very much. I mean, sure, the initial poke hurt, but only for a moment. I wasn't sure that they had actually done it. I was a bit sore later, but nothing major. If you take care to clean them every day with rubbing alcohol, there shouldn't be any problems.

I begged my mom for years to let me do it because I loved earrings, too (cough cough obsessed). I think that you were right to walk out of a place that made you nervous, but I would suggest that you reconsider if you really love earrings. True, it hurts, but only a little bit--and believe me, I'm a wuss about pain, but I did it at age twelve.

I seriously cannot remember it being painful (I was three when I had them pierced) but that was a long time back. I do recall that I was a vain b*tch even at that young age :P

I've gotten a total of 5 holes punched in my ears (I only use the first pair nowadays) and I didn't really think it hurt. And it was with a gun.

Getting your cartilage pierced is really supposed to smart, though.

Originally posted by HBoogie@Apr 29th, 2004 - 1:33 am
Getting your cartilage pierced is really supposed to smart, though.
Didn't for me. :wink: And I'm usually a baby about these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->