Pierre Hardy for Gap

Those gladiator sandals are amazing. Those would look great with the little navy blue shorts I picked up from Gap a few days ago. I'm so excited to see it. And my Vogue tells me it will be available in the US around March.

When exactly will the gladiator flats be in stores in Europe?
I went to the Champs Elysees Gap but they only had the boots, which were a lot nicer than I had expected but alas, I want the flats..

Every time I buy a new magazine, they're in there staring back at me ^_^ and we don't have a Gap in Stockholm, so I need to plan my travels carefully if I am going to get my hands on them... Which I MUST!

^ those look lovely! :blush:
but they don't have any sizes under 37... hopefully they will offer some smaller sizes soon, or i won't be able to get them!
does anyone know (exactly) when they be in US stores? i'd rather try them on than just order online...

Pierre Hardy has designed collection of three-inch wood wedges and pointy metallic flats for the Gap
By Melissa Magsaysay, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

PIERRE HARDY, the cult shoemaker from Paris known for wild runway heels and stunning gladiator sandals, is the latest designer to join the cheap-chic pack: His collection of three-inch wood wedges and pointy metallic flats hits the Gap and www.gap.com March 6.

Hardy's stint as Gap guest designer is the store's latest effort to transcend its image as stodgy purveyor of khakis and basics. Patrick Robinson has been hired as creative director, and Rodarte, Thakoon and Doo Ri each designed a simple white button-down shirt for a limited release last year. Hardy, who did a collection for Gap Europe last fall, is being more imaginative with his line, and the store is charging more for that extra dash of style: Hardy's heels will be $78 to $98. "Everyone has an idea of what a Gap outfit looks like," he says. "I wanted to tap into the history and tradition of the brand but add some freshness and youthfulness."

And that he has, since it's young nimble things who will be able to navigate his 4-inch platforms, one with striped canvas ties at the ankle for a perky '50s look, the other more aggressive with three Army green canvas straps across the top. Two sandals look strikingly similar to his namesake line: a T-bar gladiator and a simple, chic open-toe flat with crisscross straps over the top of the foot. Both would spice up a simple summer dress - especially one in geranium pink. And who knows what Hardy will do for fall, when his second Gap collection comes out.
image from latimes.com

Attachments

• pierre.jpg
    pierre.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
here is what the spring UK collection will look like (vogue.co.uk)

Attachments

• pierre2.jpg
    pierre2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
^ thanks so much lucy92 for the article and exact date of when the shoes will be available! :heart: i'll have to write it down in my datebook.

i really love how those platforms and gladiator flat are being presented in the european collection online. i'll probably scoop them both up once they hit stores...

I know me either :( Last time I was in Europe they only boring flats and boots.

Ebay I guess?

^^ Yeah, but considering the hype around it, there will be quite a bidding war..B)

I know :boxer:

Such a shame since their pretty cheap for shoes, dying for those sandals...

so bummed...i wear a euro size 36. the smallest size is 37!!
that's okay, i'll just spend my money on the subversive for target collection coming up soon.

^ i know! i wear 36/36.5. i'm hoping they more sizes in store... even if they didn't, i'd probably buy them in a 37 anyway and just hope that my heel doesn't slip out of them when i walk. :lol:

Ugh, I've seen the big chunky 3-strap platforms and the sandal flats in store (same as online) but not the gladiators! I need them!

those gladiators are definately cute but if anyone has been in the Gap I mean....they aren't that different than the sandals Gap has out now. Maybe slightly more trendy but every summer Gap does loads of leather thong sandals that are similar so....

Has anyone seen the boots...either online or in a store?

My GAP had the wooden wedges and the non-gladiator sandals. There really wasn't anything special about them IMO. None of the styles come in a 10 either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->