Pierrot Fall 2004

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionwiredaily.com

Schoolgirl Snow Day
Pierrot’s innocent knits, naughty emcee

NEW YORK: Sunday, February 08, 2004

THE LOOK: Enough wool to keep Grannies across the globe busy knitting for the next decade. Poodles, doggie bones and big snowflakes knitted into chunky sweaters and poof skirts. Body stockings, slim and thick for cozy winter nights. Must-have: the pink knitted cape.

SCENE: Remember those 1950s salon-style fashion shows for private clients? Now imagine one re-directed by a gay man and his transvestite Theremin player (80s boy/girl toy Armen Ra played the live music). Sporting thick glasses, a silk scarf, and a thick, fake French accent, the fashion show director giggled commands throughout the show, even sending one poor model down the catwalk twice. Best make-out moment: Pierrot embracing his elegant emcee in a full-fledged lip lock.

HEAVILY OVERUSED BUZZWORDS: CD's New Look, kitsch, tea gloves

HEARD:
Julie Gilhart, Vice President, Fashion Merchandising Barneys New York
"We've been carrying Pierrot since the very beginning. He's such a great knitter."
But what about all those skin-scratching woolens? "We've never had a sweater of his that itched- they are great."
J.J. MARTIN

Much more subdued for Pierrot,I must say. Not bad but nothing extradorinary either. Agree with J. Gilhart about his knitting.

I don't like it much, but it's much better than most of the previous collections

I thought this collection was definitely a cute one. I think it's versatile and can be worn for a while. I like this one. No, not extraordinary, but good!

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 9th, 2004 - 12:32 am
Much more subdued for Pierrot,I must say.
My thoughts exactly. No Amanda Lepore? No sweaters with silhouettes of lynchings (remember the controversy over that?)? I was surprised at how staid the whole collection/presentation was.

safe and commercial? not particularly 'designer' material, more towards the mass production clientelle :rolleyes: still cute-ish

pierrot is pierrot. they're always original and you can always find a few good pieces in the collection that push the border with sexuality...looks toned down this season.

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 9th, 2004 - 4:03 am
safe and commercial? not particularly 'designer' material, more towards the mass production clientelle :rolleyes: still cute-ish
when I've been to his shows, i've noticed a huge number af japanese folks in the audience...I think he must have funding from them (onward kashiyama) and babydoll-cutsie is huge over there-those poodle sweaters w/circle skirts are going to be very popular. I think he's gearing the designs more towards that because that's his strongest market right now and everyone's just trying to survive...
I would never wear them-but I think they are adorable and I would like to see someone appropriate wear one :flower: -say...paris, jessica

thanks for posting!

thanks igni.

hmm i really dont like this....im not seeing "anything"

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Feb 9th, 2004 - 12:19 pm
Very cute. I'd buy it.

Eek...sweaters with lynchings? :wacko:
I like everything...a lot. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Originally posted by faust@Feb 9th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
who's he?
...used to do knits for miguel adrover; am i right?

and let's not forget the sweaters with men's erections and other explicit sex scenes from last season.

one of his sweaters (bananas) was worn by samantha on sex and the city.

this collection was cute in that he knows that few people can beat his knits and everyone wants a girly sweater every now and again. :innocent:

I think it would be awfully rigid of him to always present the same attitude in his designs ( :wink: no pun intended.

This collection is pretty mass and basic, but adorably so.

I for one like contrast in style...it defines.

Originally posted by HBoogie+Feb 9th, 2004 - 1:02 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Feb 9th, 2004 - 1:02 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 9th, 2004 - 12:32 am
Much more subdued for Pierrot,I must say.
My thoughts exactly. No Amanda Lepore? No sweaters with silhouettes of lynchings (remember the controversy over that?)? I was surprised at how staid the whole collection/presentation was. [/b][/quote]
I agree, not his best, it reminds me of moschino kind of, but I dount knwo its nto that good :(

I agree with softe grey , i'm shr Japnes LOVE Pierott

i still think the sweters are cute, individually :heart:

Can anyone ID the first model? She looks a lot like Pia Loyola - an Australian model :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->