Pirate Boots - Vivienne Westwood

Originally posted by softgrey@May 28th, 2004 - 10:50 pm
i really wanted to get a flat pair while i was there...but the sales staff was just so horrible...and the flat ones don't come in what i want///which is blk suede with lthr straps...they don't make that... :angry:

anyway...i was trying to decide about the natural...but i just wasn't sure and every pair is made to order and so takes several weeks to deliver...i would then have to have them shipped over to me...it just seemed like an ordeal and i wanted to get away from the nasty girls...there really wasn't anything else in the shop which remotely interested me... :unsure:

now i wish i had at least tried them on so i would know my size if i wanted to order by phone... :wacko: ...hmmm...
aww! sorry to hear that... :(

...i don't even know which i would want if i wanted a pair.

all is not lost..however... i may return to london in the fall...it will be good for me to see if i still want them as much by then...i've been wanting them since hs...but now that i see hs kids actually getting them ...like the picture brian posted...i don't know... :rolleyes: :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@May 29th, 2004 - 12:53 am
all is not lost..however... i may return to london in the fall...it will be good for me to see if i still want them as much by then...i've been wanting them since hs...but now that i see hs kids actually getting them ...like the picture brian posted...i don't know... :rolleyes: :unsure:
true :(

the city i live in (or at least, this side of it) is pretty unfashionable though so i never see much of anything being worn anywhere... :wink:

i'd still get a pair one day if i still like them once i have the $ but they're not really top priority for me right now.

so glad i saw this topic :woot: i'm going to try to order them and get it shipped to me from the london shop. don't know how it'll work out though :doh:

btw, i also thought these were cute but i don't know anymore.. opinions?
15_copy1_size_0.jpg
16_copy3_size_0.jpg
i'm thinking it looks too much like sneakers but i like the shoelaces :heart: :ninja:

Originally posted by rayncloudx@May 29th, 2004 - 2:17 am
so glad i saw this topic :woot: i'm going to try to order them and get it shipped to me from the london shop. don't know how it'll work out though :doh:

btw, i also thought these were cute but i don't know anymore.. opinions?
15_copy1_size_0.jpg
16_copy3_size_0.jpg
i'm thinking it looks too much like sneakers but i like the shoelaces :heart: :ninja:
i agree...the shoelaces are cool...but in all i think this shoe is better suited for runway or editorial...i find a lot of vivienne's shoes are like that... :lol: :innocent:

They are really cool!
Not a fan of the light color, though. They look like they're hard to keep clean.
But softie, you must get them!
:woot: :heart:

Originally posted by maarit@May 29th, 2004 - 2:44 am
They are really cool!
Not a fan of the light color, though. They look like they're hard to keep clean.
But softie, you must get them!
:woot: :heart:
the thing is to get them dirty actually...they don't look so hot new...the leather is too light and the straps are too stiff...it's when they are worn in that they are so amazing...i'm thinking i would have to distress them myself and i'm trying to figure out the best way to do that without actually ruining the boots... :huh: :unsure:

But they look so pretty when they're clean :lol:
(a neat-freak in training here :blush: )

the pirate boots are only $360? thats not bad at all! I want a pair!!!! :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by nycgirl84@May 29th, 2004 - 2:54 am
I'm suprised I actually like those.
:lol: same here... :ninja:

and the Mrs Hyde look is so HOT, i adore her :heart:

ps.i like the high heels more (the shape of the heel is to die for)
i should try to locate and try them on, they are well worth the money.
thanks soft & all that posted pics :flower:

i just remembered i emailed VW a while ago about the boots and they said VW shoes are listed as being carried at "LACE" in nyc.. on mott st. i think.. i was searching for my email but couldn't find it.. :doh: i should have saved it. i doubt they'd have it but i might check it out anyway. anyone heard of this store?

*bump!*

i just wanted to add this picture that i found :woot: ...

vw_ss04_pirate.jpg

Originally posted by rayncloudx@May 29th, 2004 - 4:05 am
i just remembered i emailed VW a while ago about the boots and they said VW shoes are listed as being carried at "LACE" in nyc.. on mott st. i think.. i was searching for my email but couldn't find it.. :doh: i should have saved it. i doubt they'd have it but i might check it out anyway. anyone heard of this store?
sorry ...i don't know that store...but there are a few new places...i'll walk around and check it out...i'll let you know when i get a chance... :flower:

nice shot...nuiko...they ARE some hot boots... :innocent:

what's the original source?... :flower:

Originally posted by Suzanne@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:10 am
I like em! i really don't find them ridiculous,
ha!...
"ridicule is nothing to be scared of"...is a line from an adam ant song called prince charming...he was the original punk pirate and wore tons of vivienne westwood...he was just saying be yourself...don't worrry about what other people say or think of you...a very positive message actually...here's a photo...he was quite the hottie...i've wanted a pr of pirate boots since i saw him wear them back in 80/81...

maybe i should get the heels...?...they're a bit more grown up no?... B)

i have some that look exactly like the westwood ones. :heart:
but i loveee those red&white ones. :wub:
i want. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"