Pitti Immagine Uomo Ss05 Trends

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
sneak peak at ss05 menswear trends from Florence :flower:

Pitti Immagine Uomo: Sneak Peak at Spring/Summer 2005

By Tom Julian
June 25, 2004 @ 10:00 AM - Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy) Pitt Immagine Uomo, the bi-annual international menswear trade show, is getting a serious makeover and showing off its new strong and sexy profile.

The 66th influential fashion event is undergoing major structural expansions and renovations such as a new entrance/registration area, new themed buildings, and increased parking areas on the Pitti fairgrounds.

“We’re the same body but we’re tuning our muscles,” says Raffaello Napoleone, Pitti’s director.

Just in time to give all 20,000 international buyers in Florence this week a sneak peek at Spring/Summer 2005 sexy new menswear styles.

The global fashion get-together hosts almost 800 international clothing and accessory lines such as Italian companies Zegna, Ferragamo, Cerruti, Canali, Corneliani and Missoni and lines from Naples such as Kiton, Isaia and Borelli.

Hot first time International lines such as 7 For All Mankind, Neil Barrett for Puma, Billabong, Denim Artisan, Fred Perry (shoes and accessories), Henry Duarte Jeans; Johnny Moke; Lee, Red Ear, Sammler, Wrangler and Yellow Bros, are also on the list. And the US is well –represented with DKNY, Nautica and Levi’s

Pitti’s top trends spotted so far:

Seaside Chic: Blue and white stripes straight from that East Coast haven, the Hamptons. Southern California surfer neon brights and yachty primary hues (orange/red/green/yellow) seen at international ports like St. Tropez.

Washed Up: Clean and fresh fabrics right off the clothesline are replacing last year’s worn, torn and tattered togs.

Vintage Rules: A vintage label is all that’s required for a collection to be dubbed “hip.” Countless companies are hopping on the retro ‘70s and ‘80s bandwagons.

Deluxe Denim: Designers are customizing jeans with
asymmetrical closures, Hollywood wide waistbands and contrasting denim fabrics.

Vice is Nice: The Miami Vice boys are back! Un-constructed blazers and novelty t-shirts are worn together in soft hues. No padding in the jacket shoulders creates a slouchy retro relaxed fit.

Work Wear: The popularity of Von Dutch factor has spawned a garage worker uniform look with logos/labels on denims, cap and short-sleeved shirts.

Stick Ons: Emblems, collectible patches and appliqués make Ts, shorts and jeans into new status symbols. Some are elaborate and fancy with rhinestones and shimmering threads.

Garden fever: Feminine floral prints and all shades of green grows wild in the menswear market.

Space Race: Silver here, there and everywhere. Reflective finishes look sleek and cool: silver sneakers, silver embellished t-shirts and silver nylon jackets.

Wear It Like Beckham: Soccer is the strongest European fashion inspiration. Soccer shoes, shirts are everywhere. Upcoming must-have looks include David Beckham’s white blazer, rosary bead necklace, low-rise slacks, and sleeveless shirts. Tattoos optional. And if your date looks like his Posh Spice Girl wife, all the better.

But Pitti is not just about trends. Over the years, the menswear fashion industry has seen major collections launched and designer retrospectives staged during the trade show. This year is no exception with four major attractions:

The performance VB53 by international contemporary art star Vanessa Beecroft
The world premiere of Roberto Menichetti’s collection.

The Vogue Sport photography exhibition

A video installation by Anglo-Nigerian Saville Row menswear designer Ozwald Boateng.

article and photo from wwd :flower:

Many thanks for the post , LENA :heart:

I tend to think that it's very much the mixture as before , unfortunately . :angry:

MIAMI VICE unstructured jackets ! :yuk:

Beckham AND Posh !!! :cry:

PURLEEEEEEEZ !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

PARIS is where I feel that it's at , certainly at this moment . B)

Hope I'm proven to be right . :unsure:

KIT :blush:

i'm confused...why are they saying last year's worn and torn looks like it was something new last year...distressed EVERYTHING has been around and will continue to be around for the forseeable future.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:35 am
i'm confused...why are they saying last year's worn and torn looks like it was something new last year...distressed EVERYTHING has been around and will continue to be around for the forseeable future.
i agree that distressed (which has been around for a good number of seasons) is on decline in contrating with the rising clean cut looks
(both for menswear & womenswear collections )

Originally posted by kit@Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:29 am
Many thanks for the post , LENA :heart:

I tend to think that it's very much the mixture as before , unfortunately . :angry:

MIAMI VICE unstructured jackets ! :yuk:

Beckham AND Posh !!! :cry:

PURLEEEEEEEZ !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

PARIS is where I feel that it's at , certainly at this moment . B)

Hope I'm proven to be right . :unsure:

KIT :blush:
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"