please help!makeup 2 go with dress!

Reaction score
In just over a week i'll be bridesmaid for my brothers wedding! i've just thought make up!! I have no idea what colours will go with my dress and what will clash!! please help if you have any suggestions, thank you!
gas_chick83_12805952.jpg

Is it a day or evening wedding?

I'd go ultra natural for day. Nude lips, light blush, neutral eye shadow, and lots of mascara :flower:

Still natural if evening, just kick it up a notch – little more color on lips and darker eyes.

I also say go natural. Smokey eyes if it is an evening wedding. The dress is a very pretty color.

I would go with light pearly/shimmer color on eyes- a shimmer neutral white or a complementing shimmery light plum.
Then I would pair that with a plum color on lips, or something that closesly resembles the color of the dress.

Can you please tell us your eye colour? :smile: I see that your hair is blonde.
That dress has a really great colour.

thank you so far for the suggestions... its a day wedding, in a country hotel
sorry i cut my head of because i had no make up on lol... i have green eyes i think, heres the clearest pic of my eyes...
fashion_hottie_12818797.jpg

I find that a dark purple liner and shadow looks aweseom on green eyes.

I would go for a smokey eye with dark purple. I also think it would go well with the color of your dress. The dress is glamorous so I think you could get away with wearing smokey eye during the day.

Plus I'm sure the party will go into the night.

I can't make any suggestions on lipstick becuase I never wear any myself. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sugest some grey eyeshadow with a lot of mascara or a taupe eyeshadow. Both look great with green eyes because it make them stand out.
You could do a smokey eye with those, like Celine Chic suggested. :wink:
Go for a peach blush and a natural coloured lipstick or a pinkinsh gloss.

Have a nice wedding and have fun :D

Thats brilliant! thank you! i'll test some things out soon and be grateful for your comments before the big day :smile: im not that adventurous with make up, i've only just started blending 2 tones on my eyes lol! so practise is needed! Thanks all :flower:

u can use that shadow from the pick just blend it a little more on the top half of the eyelid and use a darker shade of it or a dark grey eye pencil to get that smoky look. for cheeks use a light peachy blush and finally a natural shade of lipgloss and don't forget lots of mascara.

am sure u ll look gorgeous :heart: :heart: :heart: :woot:

hope so thanks, do u mean the shade in my pic of me? that higher up, then add darker on the lids and eye liner?im sh*t with blending :cry:

yes that shade, just use ur finger to make it go from that color to almost nothing as u go up on ur eye lid and then use a thinner brush to put the darker shade as u would an eye liner but that also u have to blend so that it wouldn t look like a very obvious line both on top and under the eye

have fun :D

hey guys, for those who were interested heres the make up i went for after reading many of your suggestions... thanks all, sorry its the best pic ive got to see my eyes!
fashion_hottie_13157517.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->