Pola

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
Pola was a model in the first part of the 70s. I don't know when her modeling career started but the first images from Vogue with her that I've seen are from 1972.

Pola died sometime in 1974/1975 of an overdose, shortly after her first Vogue and Cosmopolitan covers (ebay).

Attachments

• Pola.jpg
    Pola.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Pola on Vogue.jpg
    Pola on Vogue.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Pola, as photographed by Kourken Pakchanian, July 1972. (my scans)

Attachments

• american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_1sm.jpg
    american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_1sm.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 15
  • american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_2sm.jpg
    american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_2sm.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 14
  • american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_3sm.jpg
    american_vogue_july_1972__pola__kourken_pakchanian_3sm.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 15
Thank you for the thread Iluvjeisa she was so stunning and i wish her tragic story was more known, there is so little (mostly dirt) out there about what really happened to her.

I don't know if this is Pola ...she went by the one name only? But ilovejeisa would know more than I know. But here it is....1971 off broadway look coty.jpg Source: ebay.com

The Cosmo cover is really good.

I don't know if this is Pola ...she went by the one name only? But ilovejeisa would know more than I know. But here it is.... Source: ebay.com

I don't know....this face looks a lot rounder. I would say no, but I'm not positive. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the thread Iluvjeisa she was so stunning and i wish her tragic story was more known, there is so little (mostly dirt) out there about what really happened to her.

I doubt we will ever know. I heard someone she knew (allegedly) say that she had an abusive stepfather and that was part of her problem.

I finally came across another image of Pola. This one is from august 1973 when she was in an Interview promo for Antonio's girls.

scanned by me

Attachments

• interview_1973_august_uschi_obermeier_pola_jessica_lange_grace_jones__antonio_lopez.jpg
    interview_1973_august_uschi_obermeier_pola_jessica_lange_grace_jones__antonio_lopez.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->