Polo Shirt

faust

Reaction score
X-posted from trendspotting - think it belongs here, really.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am resurrecting this thread. The time has come to bow my head down, extend my trembling hand and buy a polo shirt. Yes, I have succumbed, between the office wear policy and the upcoming heat of the New York summer. I need one that looks good with black pants. So, it has to be non-black, and not very dark color in general. It has to have short sleeves (otherwise I'd wear a dress shirt), and fit well. White color is the last choice, but seems like the most feasible (and good looking). Where do I go? What do I do? This is depressing. HELP! SOS!
cry.gif

you can thank dockers for making you do this. they are the reason most men dont wear suits to work anymore. as far as polos go, i like travata.

oh bummer... l41a does accept international orders, but too bad they only left with size 46.

what about APC? Aren't they preppycrappy?

I thought this Kris Van Assche polo I found on eBay looked rather nice (even if it is little gimmicky).

11r3q0y.jpg

11r3s5j.jpg

11r3sow.jpg
Source: eBay

Stephan Schneider has some really nice ones and the quality's great too, I think they sell his stuff at Gigantic Brands in NY. Branquinho's always doing the same nerdy style every season with a discrete monogram, that's quite ok as well.

/\ true, true, keep'em coming! Avanster, I was tempted by the KVA, pretty neat. I like the tshirt even better.

Wouldn't having an avant-garge polo kinda betray your company's policy? :wink:

What you could do, is wear this sh*ttiest, most un-flattering polo you can find, as a form of silent protest :ninja:

Lang used to make some good ones, but it's difficult to find them now.
how about this VB below in another color?
Dries has some which look comfortable and simple.
maybe Margaret Howell too

http://www.arthur.gr.jp/tsuhan/cgis/goodslist.cgi?mode=view_detail&this_num_genre=&this_num_goods=&genre_id=00000001&goods_id=00003109&sort=

or John Smedley as a royal road althought it may be a bit too conservative for you
http://www.lea-mills.co.jp/MENS/MILO.html
http://www.lea-mills.co.jp/MENS/ISIS.html

andrew said:
Wouldn't having an avant-garge polo kinda betray your company's policy? :wink:

What you could do, is wear this sh*ttiest, most un-flattering polo you can find, as a form of silent protest :ninja:

Was pondering that one. Old Navy polos are $10.

thanks, runner. i think i like the VB best - haven't seen it here.

faust said:
Was pondering that one. Old Navy polos are $10.

I actually just bought up a ton of Old Navy polos for myself. :blush: They fit me perfectly... and are a great way to not spend a ton of money on casual clothing. :innocent: Call me crazy! And I absolutely could not pass up this pretty mint green color (the first one I purchased)...

I also like the VB, and you can't go wrong with John Smedley; great silky quality that looks and feels good for years, even after you've washed and tumble-dried them countless times.

those veronique branquinho polos are nice, hope that you'll be able to get a hold of them, faust. they look more of you to compare to the others here. or, if you want more of basic piece, i suggest y's for men.

i agree with runner, lang had the best polo shirts... too bad. look up on ebay more often, i know the chances are slim but it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
crap, bought a perfect polo shirt - get back home and it's just a little too tight. will go back today and hope for a bigger size (x-ing fingers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->