Poly Styrene (X-Ray Spex)

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by eliaino, Mar 17, 2010.

1. eliaino

eliaino New Member

Poly Styrene is/was the lead singer of X-Ray Spex, a London punk rock band in the late 1970s. Her Dad was a dispossessed Somalian aristocrat, her Mom was English. X-Ray Spex only released one album, "Germ Free Adolescents," before splitting. Since then she's stayed out of the public eye, save a few reunion tours and a disappointing second album.

Pictures (there aren't too many, sorry:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Styrene is on the far right, singing into the microphone. The woman on the saxophone is Laura Logic, I believe.

Judging by the jpeg compression, these images have been floating around the web since its inception. I'll try to find out who took them but it won't be easy.

Video:

Identity Music Video. Check out the alligator (print?) flats with pink socks!

If anyone has any more pictures please post them. I will love you, in a completely chaste and appropriate way, forever. :flower:

#1 eliaino, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by moderator AriellaV: Mar 17, 2010
  2. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

R.I.P. Poly Styrene 3 July 1957 – 25 April 2011

From bbc.co.uk

R.I.P., Poly Styrene. I loved your unique singing style and even more, your attitude towards "a consumer society". There never was and never will be anyone like you. :heart:

#2 tangerine, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by moderator : Apr 26, 2011
  3. dauphine

dauphine Active Member