Pop Fall/Winter 09.10 : Tavi Williams with Artwork by Damien Hirst

I saw this today, and with the abundant inserts and endless content, it looked like a good read - and the two Tavi covers were available in equal measures.

Never mind Dasha and her connections, looking at this, sometimes I got the sense of "The Face on fashion steroids", so I wonder how much of what's marvellous is due to Ashley Heath.

I didn't buy it because I met someone I hadn't seen for two years while standing there, but the only thing which disappointed me was that the glitter logo didn't really contain any real glitter. I get the feeling that if I bought this, for every image I didn't like, there'd be something on the next page which would make up for it.

Thank you fearless123 for all the great scans.

It's a beautiful issue but POP forgot that this magazine is also bought by men who also enjoy to see a male fashion editorial. I'm wondering, with such a talent like Simon Foxton as fashion editor, why they have not included at least one male editorial. :(

Absolutely !!!
:(

I used to buy Pop previously, but it was always just because of my magazine addiction and sometimes, I'd like odd bits in each issue. I got this issue today and think it's a brillianty buy.

I love all the mixed paper types, the different sizes of the papers, the design of things, the shoots, everything. You can tell there's so much thought gone into the magazine as a whole. It's certainly the best £5 I've spent in a while.

I can't wait to see the Rodarte editorial! The preview looks incredible, and I can only imagine the Yellowstone landscape will look stunning. While I certainly liked the FW 09 collection on the runway, it's been the individual pieces in print that have convinced me how beautiful and well designed the clothes are. They just photograph so incredibly well...all the textures and textiles read beautifully on paper.

McQueezy mentioned a male ed in his review...

Spring Preview/Made on Saturn by Ronald Dick. Preview of S/S '10 menswear with Ivan Solicari.

The Rodarte feature is the only thing I'm a little dissapointed with. The ed is great, but the text that accompanies it is the Rodarte girls interviewing three scientists about stem cell research.. While it's certainly different, I'd have liked something about/questions to the girls themselves also.

Thank you fearless123! These scans will satiate me for a while as I undoubtably won't be finding this magazine in my hometown.

Also excited for the Rodarte ed. It's definately an interesting swing.

That shot of Iekeline in a D&Gdress and Hannelore in a black Dolce tuxedo is absolutely to die for :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very very impressed...this is actually good and I'd take it over LOVE any day!

But...this is the first issue under Dasha...this makes me wait for the second one and hope it's just as great or even better!

I haven't seen such a packed mag in ages, I'm really glad that Pop turned out to be this good under Dasha!

This truly seems like a issue with great content, shame i just despise the cover, but i am impressed with the eds, very well done.

I'm glad this issue turned out to be so much better than I had previously anticipated.
The content more than compensates for what IMO are disappointing cover choices.

betwixt and between...

that`s all i can say so far. i see the try to mix-up high fashion with modern art (which existance is quite doubtful nowadays for me at least) since Dasha is gallerist first of all. and that try is looking so pretentious (strange places, freaky poses and grungy aftertaste)
i have only some images pleasant for my eye, and yep i loved Borthwick but it was so long ago before he came back with this blurry something on each shot.

strange, pretty indistinct line-up of everything (stylist, photographers, models too)- looking just sorta thick dazed & confused for me...not sure im buying it

The editorials are better than I expected. I really like Hannelore and Lily's ones.

Olga's editorial is my favourite from this issue. Naomi's is really nice as well.

If this isn't worth £5 then I don't know what is. Incredibly packed full of good content and pull-outs.
I got the Special Edition cover. Which I was pleased to see.
Has is been mentioned that there's actually four covers for this issue?. The two already posted and a hardback cover by Ed Ruscha. Then another subscribers cover with Ilona Stallers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->