Pop Fall/Winter 09.10 : Tavi Williams with Artwork by Damien Hirst

Lastly, I honestly don't know what most of you have with this blogger in particular, if you think she's pretentious or overrated or whatever, but regardless. She is an inspiration in fashion and you all know it. She deserves the cover.

Inspiration? She's child, who the hell is inspired by what a child wears? A lot of us liked playing "dress up" but no one till now had the brilliant idea to take us seriously and actually think that he made some nice combinations. Her blog is totally pointless, because she simply can't wear the clothes, it's just a child dressing as an adult, the clothes simply do not fit her, they are not made for children, so she is always horribly dressed. I cringe when I see the kid in high heels, or thinking about buying some heels, it gives me the creeps, does she take those outside? My mother would kill me if I decided, not that it ever crossed my mind, to wear high heels at that age, and I wouldn't allow my kid to wear them also. It's all to freakish in that blog.

Inspiration? She's child, who the hell is inspired by what a child wears? A lot of us liked playing "dress up" but no one till now had the brilliant idea to take us seriously and actually think that he made some nice combinations. Her blog is totally pointless, because she simply can't wear the clothes, it's just a child dressing as an adult, the clothes simply do not fit her, they are not made for children, so she is always horribly dressed. I cringe when I see the kid in high heels, or thinking about buying some heels, it gives me the creeps, does she take those outside? My mother would kill me if I decided, not that it ever crossed my mind, to wear high heels at that age, and I wouldn't allow my kid to wear them also. It's all to freakish in that blog.

In one way it's more fun to have a preteen dressing up than a 20-something star pretending they're a 12 yo playing dress-up....:doh:

The cover is more interesting than LOVE, imo. But the font is bugging me.

I feel like I'm now flooding this thread, but how ridiculously hilarious is it that someone with the username "Rodarte" responds in this thread with with such a comment? If that isn't irony please tell me what is.
+ Anyone who honestly takes the casual blogging world seriously really is just far beyond me. Good god why must people make such simple things so militaristic.

Again you're pertaining to the 'childish naivety' stereotype that comes along with a young age. Do you even read the blog? I don't know if it's common for most bloggers, let alone someone you keep pertaining to as a 'child' (she can also be referred to as girl/human/individual/living being/whatever) to consider taking inspiration from and even successfully emulating the mood of certain collections with deliberation. And there's nothing abstruse about where her outfit's inspiration came from, either. She'll point out one day she felt like channelling CdG's most recent RTW collection or whatever the case might be, and you can immediately see the connection between both. Also, I really think it's unfair that you're comparing playing 'dress-up' as a child (which I'm sure pertains to that Be A Princess box set you had as a nine year old that contained a tutu and a plastic tiara) to what she's doing. And, really, you're saying she's dressed horribly because of her posture? Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the clothes themselves. You're on a forum regarding fashion, not chiropractic care.

This girl has found a hobby of sorts that she's good at and somethings coming out of it. Being a successful blogger is like being a successful artist, singer, pianist, etc. Eventually something will come out of it. You're not just going to remain in the dark as you become more and more renowned.

God, I don't even know the girl. It's just the fact that everyone being so opposed to this for no truly logistical reason just ticked me off a bit.

And LOL @ person who said someone like Rumi or a blogger with as much renowned mainstream success should have been on the cover. Next you'll be telling me Coldplay's the greatest band ever.

But yeah, anyways, I'm done. Arguing on the internet is the most utterly pointless thing in possibly all of existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids should NOT be on adult fashion magazines. I don't care if they have a blog or even a fashion line I personally don't want to see kids on my fashion mags. I realize that may sound closed-minded but I have to draw the line somewhere

first the cover is just horrible !
and why Hirst ? I mean this new woman in charge of Pop is known for her love of contemporary art ? non ? ... so why take Hirst ? He's b***s*** since the mid 90s (personal opinion) ...
Hirst doesn't want to do collective exhibition and he's doing s*** on a cover magazine - that is owned by a rich russian girl .... let me think about it one moment !

then about rookie the blogger ...
i told you she'll be a star ...

but still i'm surprised to see her on a Pop cover ...
i cannot see how revelant this is ... and don't get me your s*** about blogs revelance etc. i know about this ... but Rookie the Rocket is not Susie Bubble, for instance ...
You know what I mean ? Things like Life, Experiences, Failures etc. Things that build a person !
* waiting for the edito page - which promise to reveal a tons of interesting thoughts, i'm sure *

I did not even know who she was, and I really dont care, I just want to see the M/M Paris ZineBook. Of course the likeliness of that happening for at least another couple weeks could be slim.

And LOL @ person who said someone like Rumi or a blogger with as much renowned mainstream success should have been on the cover. Next you'll be telling me Coldplay's the greatest band ever.

But Coldplay totally is like the greatest band like ever! :woot:

What they have to do with Pop Magazine, and Tavi, and Rumi and bloggers in general, and relevant cover subjects I'm not quite sure though.

Since I was on my cellphone before when I commented I wasn't actually able to look at the cover. However, I actually really like it. Yet I must say it's a lazy effort for Hirst. He's done the butterfly thing 1000 times over. Tavi looks amazing. I just think this cover is a bit too early for her. I suggested Rumi because her has a larger fan base, and thus that means more copies sold for Pop. Also she's a young adult so the clothes will look appropriate on her. I also believe she has a better sense of style than Tavi. (Lulu too.) In fact there are so many other bloggers who I would choose before Tavi. Karla from Karla's closet, Fashion Squad, Withasiansterotypes, Childhoodflames, Dirtyflaws... the list goes on. Tavi got the cover because she's the youngest.

This whole arguement reminds me of the Marc Jacobs ads from s/s 07 with Dakota Fanning. Perphaps Tavi's editorial will be as wonderful as that advertisement, and will contain an underlying message.

I wasn't expecting anything amazing from Dasha (or whoever is really running the show). So she has already caught my attention with doing somthing unique.

Or maybe there are more covers? :shifty: (just wishful thinking though!)

I don't visit any fashion blogs, although I don't mind reading about the people who have put their energies into creating such sites. The analysis of how and why certain people become momentarily popular is, for me, far more interesting than the actual content on the sites themselves.

. And, really, you're saying she's dressed horribly because of her posture? Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the clothes themselves. You're on a forum regarding fashion, not chiropractic care.

What posture? Where did I mention posture? I said she's always dressed horribly because the clothes don't fit her, and they don't fit her because she's a child trying on adults clothes that are not made for her body . I didn't and i don't want to get into get into particulars, she's a child after all , i thought it was more obvious what i meant to say. She just looks like a kid that raided her mother's wardrobe and took some pics of her playing grown ups, why some people take that blog seriously is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->