Pop Montreal Music Festival

.francesca

about to fall or fly
Reaction score
www.popmontreal.com

a huge music festival spanning 5 days and held in venues all over the city.

bands playing: interpol - beck - ted leo & the pharmacists - bontempi - metric - apostle of hustle - north of america - you say party we say die - hexes and ohs - among many, many others

there are also film screenings..i think there will be a burn to shine screening :woot:

is anyone else here going? i'll be there with my friends for the entire weekend, and my boyfriend's band is playing, so i'm really looking forward to it..it should be an amazing time.

:heart:

I'm going to see Interpol...and that's pretty much it :(

i'd love to see interpol but i think that's one of the most expensive shows...i'll have to see what else there is because i know i want to see a TON of stuff more than interpol.

A few bands who will be playing during the festival: Interpol, Kings of Leon, Les Breastfeeders (i am seeing them play live tomorrow as well!!!!! :woot: ).........

There's going to be a market with local designers, artists and crafts people on the weekend as part of the festival too. And a fashion show. Puces pop or something like that. I think there's info on the website.

oh my god...... i just saw on their website for 125$ you can go check an unlimited amount of shows....... if only i had TIME to go...... id check most of them out..... argh.......

i so wanted to see metric but the show sold out. erg. cant they add a second show.

would like to see antony and johnsons and enon maybe.

montreal is so the center of the universe music-wise right now

i was at the enon show last night but i left relatively early...we had driven over from halifax that day and i was exhausted. i think i'm going to try to go to the coco rosie/antony show tonight, but not sure...i'm DEFINITELY going to the ted leo/north of america show on saturday, i know that. :wink:

kimkhuu, any chance of lunch?! :heart:

tonight i went to 4 shows! i'm crazy! :lol:

i went to divan orange to see a friend of a friend's band, dreamcatcher (they were amazing!) then over to petit campus to see a formerly-local band, camoflage nights. from there i went to la sala rosa to see ris paul ric, then ran back down to some place i don't know the name of to see a band i don't know the name of. they were all within 7 or so blocks of each other so it wasn't so bad, but it's so cold out! i had a really good time though i smell like cigarettes :ninja:

tomorrow: weird war ! :heart:

i'm so disappointed i didn't get to see coco rosie/antony & the johnsons. i'm sure it was absolutely amazing.

is metric good......... apparently from what i've heard people comment, they're really disco.... and sort of phony........ i never heard their stuff though..... :unsure:

Yeah, it's new-new-wave, a bit disco, I'm not particularily fond of their lyrics but the music is fun. Listen to Dead Disco and Succexy, those are (IMO) the best tracks on their cd.

hey drexl, how did the interpol show went!? :woot:

i am going to the pop fest only on sunday.... ..seing the Like and Kings of Leon......... dont have a digicam, but my friend promised me she would bring hers so i will be posting pics :heart:

Interpol was awesome, as good as last year, such great atmosphere! Only downside was the 2 opening bands, Moufette stunk and Boom Bip bored me (only the drums kept me half-awake).

I just found out (and Franscesca can confirm this) that the Pop Montreal pass was actually a temporary tatoo! Now I feel like grabbing someone that has a pass, bring 'em to a tatoo shop and get it copied :P:P:P

Have a great time at the Kings Of Leon show, I really wish I could be there! :heart:

^ lolllll too funny the tattoo comment! :P well you never could have known earlier so ..... ^_^

i can't wait till sunday night!

the band passes are temp tattoos..i have a media pass which is a laminate, and i don't know what the actual passes that you pay for look like. they may be temp tattoos! i have a few for my boyfriend's band and they're toast :lol:

hey! i saw metric yesterday and it was soo succe-xy. love them. great show.
i went to see ted leo in the same night too.

was anyone else at those shows

i was at ted leo, it was really good! north of america right before them were also amazing :wink:

back home in halifax now. feeling bored already :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->