Porter #25 Spring 2018 : Natalie Portman by Cass Bird

amby

Reaction score
27750517_10155462961778031_5298167212425678641_n.jpg

Source @portermagazine Instagram

This is certainly.. different for Natalie. I can't tell whether I like it or not, I'll need to see the editorial to get a full picture of what they were going for.

Wow! Finally an original Spring cover... Never seen Natalie Portman look like this. Stunning!

It's nice but everything about the choice of cover shot and text placement just reminds me too much of The Edit, as opposed to Porter. I miss when Porter would do more closeup cover images. But yeah... don't hate it!

Maybe it's just my mind, but here, she looks like a prostitute hanging out on a sunny day, when the going is still good, feeling free... before night falls and the work begins.

Yeah, I see the tawdry undertones as well, it's not to my taste. I think it's the amateur hair and make-up. The concept does show promise though. Cass Bird is on a roll again with Porter and Missoni. Hope she'll keep it up.

such gorgeous cover! so nice to see natalie in a different dimension.

I’m a little sad Porter has lost ‘it’ of late. I really pinned all my hopes on it at one point to be the UK glossy that would save us all.

I can't figure out why but something doesn't work here for me. Is it the sexy rockabilly/Carmen Miranda-esque pinup styling on Portman? Maybe she looks a little uncomfortable, or is it the composition? Can't put my finger on it...

Eyebrows don't look good, for sure.

I like it, it feels fresh and nice for spring and it's a different side of Natalie.

I love it! It's great to see a totally different side of her. And I think she was starting to feel a lot older than she actually is. This is fresh and versatile.

Yeah, it's kinda trashy ... but she's Natalie Portman - nobody could ever really think of her as inelegant.

All I can see is those ugly earrings. They make her ears look very pointy, like an elf

nice. however, feels waaaay too summer-y right now for a british magazine. haha.

Its actually quite stunning tho it would have been better with one car

MYSTERIOUS GIRL
Photographer: Cass Bird
Stylist: Veronique Didry
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Romy Soleimani
Model/Celebrity: Natalie Portman

Porter Digital Edition

FEMME FATALE
Photographer: Virginie Khateeb
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher
Hair: Naoki Komiya