Porter #27 Summer Escape 2018 : Anja Rubik by Mario Sorrenti

Like the bright colours and the fact that we see so little of the dress. It looks fresh and summery without being literal. Not sure about her sun burnt looking skin.

Alt must be kicking herself! There's something very VP about this shot.

I think this is a beautiful cover! And I'm glad that Porter went with an unexpected model choice. I mean, clearly Anja is an industry icon - but she's not really a name, and her peak was definitely a few years ago. That being said, she's an excellent model and looks fantastic on this cover, so it makes me happy to see that Porter went with who they thought would be the best fit for the edit, rather than chase someone with a bigger public profile. Especially considering this is an American mainstream magazine.

I think this is a beautiful cover! And I'm glad that Porter went with an unexpected model choice. I mean, clearly Anja is an industry icon - but she's not really a name, and her peak was definitely a few years ago. That being said, she's an excellent model and looks fantastic on this cover, so it makes me happy to see that Porter went with who they thought would be the best fit for the edit, rather than chase someone with a bigger public profile. Especially considering this is an American mainstream magazine.

dats actually British publication it was never US based since its net-a-porter subsidiary

Especially considering this is an American mainstream magazine.

(S)he's right! Porter is essentially a British publication, but they employ American English in order to appeal to a global audience. They have a sizeable distribution map in America and other major cities in the world.

It's so pretty! She looks like a short haired Iselin. So hot and soft.

Well, I stand corrected! I totally thought it was American.

Nonetheless, my thoughts on Anja as a cover choice remain. :smile:

I always love the Porter summer escape issue. There are great features inside which really let you just fantasize and dream about exotic locales and beautiful sights

Very pretty cover. Perhaps not the best shot of her facially (she looks a little like she's contemplating a sneeze) but it works overall. Very summery and hopefully the editorial will continue in that light!

Anja R a good choice for this subject - she is always posting on environmental issues. And Is this the first time Porter have worked with Sorrenti? The cover is beautiful. Exciting...

So natural and so stunning. One of my favourite covers of 2018 so far.

Just got this in the mail. There's a susbscriber cover. At 190 pages, it feels thin for Porter.

Interesting that for the "oceans" issue, they sent the mag in a paper envelope, instead of bagged in plastic like every other issue.

Review:

Cover story
P: Mario Sorrenti
S: Camille Bidault-Waddington
M: Anja Rubik (guest editor too)

There's pics of ocean plastic interspersed with those of Anja

"Save Our Seas"

Anja, Cyrill Gutsch, locals, and others doing ocean cleanup

"A Bigger Splash"
S: Camille Bidault-Waddington
M: Anyelina Rosa and Frederikke Sofie

"Endless Summer"
P: Anne Menke
S: Lilli Millhiser
Celebs: Gabrielle Reece, Laird Hamilton, and family

"This Ain't My First Rodeo"
P: Beau Grealy
S: Jill and Jordan
Celeb: Bo Derek

Beauty
P: Benny Horne
S: Maya Zepinic
Beauty: Newby Hands
M: Vanessa Axente

There's also stories on Angela Lindvall, St Barths, Nadja Bender in a Three Graces London profile, and Chloe x Halle

Thank you for the review ! Again a great issue for me. The cover is very appealing.

Just got this in the mail. There's a susbscriber cover. At 190 pages, it feels thin for Porter.

Interesting that for the "oceans" issue, they sent the mag in a paper envelope, instead of bagged in plastic like every other issue.

Thanks a lot for the review, Axiomatic! :flower: I think I'd rather paper instead of plastic to be quite honest. Plastic is way more taxing on the environment whereas paper at least decompose depending on the type. That was actually a nice touch! No doubt motivated by Anja. I hope that much thought went into the brands selected for her edit.

I'm keen to see what this will look like because it doesn't sound overly promising to me.

Such a gorgeous photo, the colours are beautiful.

Absolutely love the cover (the yellow Porter masthead... everything!). Mario Sorrenti sure does excel at beach shoots and judging from the previews, the cover story is sure to be a total winner. Anja looks so beautiful, so effortless, on the cover for a brilliant cause and this is far better than her first Porter cover.

Lucy Yeomans posted the subscribers cover:

wow, absolutely perfect ! I just went back from vacation, this cover makes me want to go back :lol:

Subscribers cover is gorgeous, though I can see why they went with the newsstand one for the general public

The subscriver's cover is everything, it is perfect.
And you're right vogue28, Sorrenti does excel at beach shoots, those are his best work so I have high hopes for this.

Excited to see more and sub's cover without text (hopefully!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->