Porter #29 Winter 2018 : Julianne Moore by Camilla Akrans

it looks good, the stare seems a bit cuckoo but I still like it...
thanks for sharing :smile:

Is it just me or her left eye looks wonky?

Feels like a Harper’s Bazaar UK Cover for 2008

Difficult to judge, I'll wait for a better pic, but I thought it was Madonna.

Always love it when threads are started with these blurry shots of an actual magazine, lol. It sort of harks back to TFS years ago when members used to start threads with either a shoddy pic or 'I saw Renee Zellweger on the new US Vogue when I walked past xyz.' And it was followed by the usual 'Ooh, how does it look?', 'Not her again!' or 'Anna is so clueless.':lol:

This cover does indeed look a lot like Harper's under Lucy. Julianne Moore is a remarkable actress and rather beautiful. Yet I must say I very rarely find her captivating in print. Her best covers to date are the VP one and another under Glenda with a green dress. Yeah, feeling nostalgic today!

Julianne Moore wears Givenchy coat, photo by Camilla Akrans, styled by Cathy Kasterine.

Does the color look muted irl? I liked it better on the snap -_-

Looks much better now that there is a clear image.

Yeah, the content better be spectacular because this cover simply doesn't even look vaguely passable to me at all. It's not inly too close a,closeup, but they've removed all her signs of ageing. Not even L'oreal did that. Pretty shameful considering this magazine's progressive stance.

Oh yeah here for this.

Me too! I am loving how it resembles those fantastic covers Lucy Yeomans would give us at British Harper's Bazaar (like MON also pointed out). This really does feel like a perfect cover for this time of the year, and those colours are gorgeous.

I'm also here for subscribers not getting the short end of the straw (unlike last month), since the subscribers cover is just the same shot above but with less text. Yes!

Reactions: MON
Some of the editorial images seem to be up on the Daily Mail.

Once again with Porter, I’m miffed that I haven’t received my subscription copy as of yet, and I’ve seen this issue available in the supermarket on the shelves since Friday!

There was a western-inspired editorial with Othilia Simon that I did notice, since I just couldn’t resist looking through a copy given the fact the cover was simply irresistible in person.

I love the cover, but it led me to think there'd be glamour inside the issue - with the looks you get for autumn, with rich fabrics and deep colours. But from what I remember flicking through it, the content feels a lot more focused on a lighter, brighter mood. Not for me...

All (?) of the eds are up on awake-smile. Nice, but a bit boring overall.
Bit cheeky... Julia van Os story is basically outtakes from her recent Edit shoot. Have they done this before?

OTHILIA SIMON BY QUENTIN DE BRIEY
Othilia Simon in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Quentin de Briey

ANYELINA ROSA, LILY STEWART & SOPHIE KOELLA BY MAX FARGO
Anyelina Rosa, Lily Stewart & Sophie Koella in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Max Fargo

JULIA VAN OS BY SEBASTIAN SABAL-BRUCE
Julia Van Os in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Sebastian Sabal-Bruce

GUINEVERE VAN SEENUS BY YELENA YEMCHUK
Guinevere van Seenus in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Yelena Yemchuk

ROOS VAN ELK STEFANO GALUZZI
Roos Van Elk in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Stefano Galuzzi

LUNA BIJL BY RORY PAYNE
Luna Bijl in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Rory Payne

JULIANNE MOORE CAMILLA AKRANS
Julianne Moore in Porter Magazine #29 Winter 2018 by Camilla Akrans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics