Porter #29 Winter 2018 : Julianne Moore by Camilla Akrans

Bit cheeky... Julia van Os story is basically outtakes from her recent Edit shoot. Have they done this before?

Thanks for the links, Whippie! :heart: Yes, they do this often.

While the cover does look better in person and especially stands out next to other magazines, I can't help but wonder what it would've looked like with Guinevere's profile shots with that sheer headscarf. Those are so stunning!

I think the quality of these shoots are superb, and especially the model presence. The Porter group always seem to get way more out of their subjects than other editions.
And having a visual style is important. That way readers can instantly associate your magazine with that, but looking at the edits together, I think it's maybe too much of the same. They all seem to share a specific formula which should've been broken with something different (there is only the Guinevere edit.) The whole hazy photographic effect coupled with nature/intimate settings and sensual head tilts.

imo all the editorials are so incredible bland and boring... with the exception of Guinevere and Julianne, which make buying this issue so worth it :smile:

Thanks for the links, Whippie!

Got this in the mail today. 262 pages. The issue arrived bagged in plastic, so Porter's save the oceans, plastic reduction initiative was apparently a one issue thing.

In addition to the posted links:

"Majestic Horizons"
P: Michael Turek
Waris Ahluwalia's travel diary from a visit to Kenya

Travel sections about Zimbabwe, Botswana, and other African countries.
There's also a 22 page section "incredible Women" featuring several dozen women from various fields

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->