Reaction score
Portfolio
Language: English
83min
Director: Robert Guralnick
Genre: Drama
[imdb]

41evjgxnsdlss500yx8.jpg

A sizzling expose of the inside world of modeling, this video provides the viewer with an exotic ticket to the roller coaster world of high fashion. Stars supermodels Paulina, Carol Alt, Kelly Emberg, and Julie Wolfe. Also includes a music track featuring hits by the Eurythmics, Joe Cocker, Tina Turner and Rod Stewart.

Don't miss the chance to see this film! Can be relished by any fan of models or 80's music. Brilliant piece of 80's history caught on film. Paulina at age 17! These real life soon to be super models star in this slice-of-life and behind-the-scenes look at international modeling world as seen through the eyes of the "new girl" JULIE WOLFE. She caught the eye of Elite modeling agency head of "new talent." Now shes on her way to international stardom. "Portfolio" is a Feature length film thats NOT a documentary. However, it does take place at real photo shoots with famous fashion photographers and the real runway shows of PERRY ELLIS and ALAIA. Not that different at all from the "manipulated reality" type shows as seen today on MTV and VH1. In fact certain aspects of this film are incredibly similar to "The Hills." With plenty of Back-Talking, Trash-mouthing, gossiping and jealously. Still, its not that much of an expose of the dark-side of modeling. Its semi-critical but mostly glamorous. With clients and make-up artists poking and prodding.
Most awesome of all are the 80's shots of NYC and of course the incredible collection of 80's music the likes of which could never be assembled today in any one film. The music budget alone would easily be 10 times what it cost to make this film. Must have something to do with the fact that this was released by SONY on VHS. Music includes at least 14 hit 80's song many almost in their entirety. Features Eurythmics, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner ( Joe Cocker, Missing Persons with "Destination Unkown" and many more. Watch for cameo of ANDY WARHOL and fashion illustrator ANTONIO. Plus Bronx Breakdancers The Rock Steady Crew !
[amazon]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1FFKCkkfk4

Does anyone have this? :woot:

There is another film by the same director
'The Look'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299010/

Last edited by a moderator:
I worship that film!I dream of owning it.:wub:Gotta love Steven :D

i am shocked that i have never even HEARD of this...
that clip was A-mazing!~!...

i would love to see the rest!!

thanks for bringing this in setthi...
we all have to hunt for it now!
:D

^ yes, let's make it a tFS special project!

Easy for me to say :innocent: i'll just post the youtube links when it's uploaded...

Someone must have it :doh: i'd love to see those scenes featuring famous photographers. Don't know about the other scenes...maybe they'd be amusing? :ermm:

"Nastier, stranger...wilder! wilder! sicker!" - Steven Meisel :lol::woot::heart:

There aren't many pictures, but I think he looks similar. Maybe less eyemakup

Loved this movie it was about the supermodels of the Elite modeling agency, but the story also documents the rise of young new england model Julie Wolfe. Julie is beautiful and sweet and all american looking they cut her hair short sends her to Rome and becomes a star in her right. Great cheesy movie.

wow. its so wierd. i always thought of meisel as this magical creature who only existed through his pictures. i really want to find this movie though.

Just bought it:buzz::buzz: Yes on VHS, but i couldn't care less:woot: Soooo excited!

The main person you need to see from this film Portfolio is Julie Wolfe she was the main character and gave the storyline to the movie. Here are her modeling cards showing her looks through the years just enjoy!

PLease go through the links because I've maxed out my disk space. Here name in the industry as "Baby Fawn because of her soft beautiful face, beautiful smile and sweet personality. IN addition to being 5"10" muscular thin and healthy and voluptuous.

http://www.modelscomposites.com/getlist.php?list=wld&choice=Julie+Wolfe&year=all

I love this movie. I think I’ve watched it more than a dozen times. I used to have a digital copy but lost it when my old iPad died.

Here is a link to the full movie on YouTube.

Enjoy! ❤️

I remember posting a Youtube upload of Meisel's photoshoot on a different modeling forum, and someone said "that photographer is crazy, and not in a good way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->