Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

I saw the collection in the Zurich store and seeing the collection up close, you fall in love with it. The fabrics are exquisite in person. Seeing pictures doesn't do these pieces justice.

Anyone else agree?

My friends fashionistas are crazy about the fabrics, really, there are some fabrics there that we can even nominate, and that's is genial, but I think she could use all these fabrics in clothes that were more useful, really, there are some clothes there that are so weird. But I loved this collection anyway ... Miuccia is genious! @@

does anybody know the price of any product of this collection?

^^^ The jackets are about $3000 US dollars!!! Correct me if Im wrong.

3,000 dollars ? hahahahaha ... I can wait until this collection go on sale, or go to WoodBury auhsuhaushuahushuas

hey also, how do the fabrics feel ?? kuba01 ??
especially some of the wrinkly looking ones with shiny paint over top.. i wonder what the paint feels too, if it stiffens the fabric or what

i went to my brother's friend's house the other day
and i was surprised to see a bath mat --it really does look like the mohair things in this collection :shock: but it's nice to touch
actually it reminds me more of dogs than bath mats :ninja:

I saw the collection in the Zurich store and seeing the collection up close, you fall in love with it. The fabrics are exquisite in person. Seeing pictures doesn't do these pieces justice.

Anyone else agree?

Thats usually how it is with a lot of designer shows. Plus the stores always have the commercial pieces mixed in with the runway stuff.

God knows how those furry mohair coat and jacket thingys will look after a trip to the dry cleaners. They felt and looked pretty wiggy and rough in store. Pricewise the jackets are around 1500 Euros coats 2000 Euros.

The weird thing with Prada is that the clothes are always avant-garde and unique and an antithesis to all other collections BUT...the ad campaigns are not. Prada always has a very commercial way to market their avant-garde clothing and shoes. Its just so damn smart! :lol:

Miuccia is a genious ... BTW, I would love to see Wintour wearing Raquel's balck/green outfit hahahahahaha that would be very funny!

It sounds ridicoulous, but must have done two finales at Prada! On frill video everything is allright, but look here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQByQFSuswU

on frill video everything is so... peaceful :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
mackos what's frill ? what's the website address...

kuba01 said:
The weird thing with Prada is that the clothes are always avant-garde and unique and an antithesis to all other collections BUT...the ad campaigns are not. Prada always has a very commercial way to market their avant-garde clothing and shoes. Its just so damn smart!
lol.gif
i notice that too... :unsure: dunno if it makes me regard the brand in a good way

here it is.

http://frillr.com/?q=node/1946

There's a different combination of the girls going out in the finale, and of course no disturbs :wink: Poor girls, must have been quite confused..

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back anything positive I originally wrote about this collection. I've seen several pieces in person twice now, and my final verdict is that this collection is nothing short of atrocious. The coats look like old carpets, and the jackets manage to combine all the great trends of the 1990s - scrunchy fabric, rainbow colors, fading colors - into one single piece. Glorious, just glorious. And did I mention the prices?

I do like the shoes, though. :unsure:

Funny thing, I've just watched Chloe and spotted Julianne Moore wearing this coat. It's so nice to still see those pieces being worn, it looked really fantastic in the typical daily styling. ^_^

00190m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->