Prada F/W 2018.19 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marcBarna, Feb 22, 2018.

1. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

nowfashion.com

2. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

Some last outfits are awful... disappointing

3. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

nowfashion.com

4. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

nowfashion.com

5. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

nowfashion.com

6. Steddycam91

Steddycam91 Member

Y'all...this was really, really awful.

Seeing Sasha Pivovarova and Amber Valletta pop up just made me sad for what this brand used to be.

7. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Dear Lord. Miuccia make you a favor and retire and live a happy life. Damn, I love her but she needs to change her team and drop out those horrible ideas from her mind.

I can't believe that her FW collection ten years ago was fire. She was a leader, everyone were following her. This... Honestly, no words. The saddest thing is that I was expecting something dissapointing. They look desesperated.

I don't understand a lot of things here: the ugly without being cool, that hideous color palette is really surprising for me because she used to be THE MASTER of use of colors. They still trying to make it work: the casting was meh (there were a lot of nice models and a black girl opening is really nice but the overall thing is not impactful), the soundtrack is pretentious and I'm not even comment about the styling.

Of course, all the people screaming like they've seen the best collection of their lives. With that audience, she's probably thinking that it's still cool.

Just imagine how boring and snob the campaigns will be.

8. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

absolutely love it. the colours are stunning, the bustiers are amazing, love the embellished dresses, the prints :heart:

this collection really feels like it has a theme ! which is what i love about prada. seems like she is going back in the right direction again.

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

At this point Miuccia should fire herself and find a new designer. This is so boring, so flat, so uninspiring. What happened to Prada?

10. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

They found a formula that will be commercially successful for the current moment. The menswear was a hit with retailers, so this shouldn't come as a suprise. It's not a smart idea to rely on hype, it will only be a matter of time before it blows up in her face.

#10 GivenchyHomme, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Jill69: Feb 22, 2018
  11. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

The collection itself is quite...ugly, but Liu Wen and Amber Valletta back at Prada? :greengrin: What a pleasant surprise!

12. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Prada was needing a more comercial collection, but this is awful answer to the financial problems that they are facing. I was kinda expecting this after that horrible mens show.

My problem with this is that all this wanna be edgy & cool but the only moment that she really push something forward, in terms of fashion, is on that green fringed dress.

Some clothes are interesting somehow, the bags are OK, however, everything that is my mind right now (and I think that is the image that will stay in my mind) is that 2 last atrocious dresses on post #3. When you are fashion monster like Miuccia this kinda of mistake is hard to forget.

I second @helmutnotdead, she used to be a leader its so sad...

Hope that, at least, they produce ALL this pieces, because if they dont, whats the point in doing this?

★★

13. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

My question is "who's going to buy these!?", I know there is someone out there who likes this but this collection isn't suitable at all to a large range (speaking on age). I'm referring to those adult women who still count on this brand.
    Times are changing and the idea of fashion and glamour too, but I personally don't like this direction.

14. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I wasn't sold on the Menswear show (although it grew a bit on me), but I LOVE it here! Definitely helped elaborating on the theme more, relaxing the silhouette, and adding those soft fabrics. The colors were fantastic, such a jolt of energy. A lot of pieces, especially the outerwear will look really strong in the shops.

I feel like people here being so overdramatic with Prada lately. The fashion landscape changed drastically in the last couple of years, and I think she like every other designer is trying to find their place in it. Merchandising is vital, street and sportswear is the new norm, the costumer being far more diverse and with different needs... brands need to adapt or be left behind. I think they're finding a good rhythm of appealing to the current market and still being Prada. Are we going to see collections like she did in 2007, 2009, etc? Probably not. But just take a look around and compare, she's still a headliner.

15. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This collection shows all the insecurities of the brand (I don’t want to say of Miuccia).
    There’s a difference between referencing yourself and trying to revive a glorious past.
    Every single look is an adaptation of what she did in the past: the dresses with the draping are FW06, the fringes FW07, the tabs thing from her travel collection from last year...Even the hair is straight from FW13.

The worst thing is that the styling which is supposed to lift this up only shows the weaknesses of the proposition. Prada is trying to hard when it was the perfect time to go for simple silhouettes, simple styling and new prints.

The other reality is that clients also feel what is going on. Prada used to be sexy, chic with a little bit of bourgeois feel.

The fake pretentious intellectualism can work if you are an independent brand or a brand like Fendi which is a bit almost niche in it aesthetic. It doesn’t work when you sell black nylon clothes and saffiano leather-work ready bags.

Weirdly enough, Fendi is selling clothes because the brand feels cool and exclusive.

Prada used to be the voice but now the struggle is real. It’s a pity because the SS18 show was beyond good.

I bet everybody in the press will love it. But that is expected, only fashion people are engaged with Prada...

16. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I loved it, especially the bright colors.

17. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

I agree heavily with you (though I also question whether or not she's a headliner in the current fashion climate). To me, this sin't bad at all. It's not groundbreaking or game-changing (though you could argue that Miuccia was just that, which is a fair assessment), but it's not not bad or ugly to me. Love the neons, love most of outerwear, for once, and love the dresses, too. It doesn't feel stale, like a lot of her previous work - it's fresh and easy. Not collection of the season or anything, but it's far from hideous, in my honest opinion.

18. apple

apple Well-Known Member

^agree with the two comments above.
    I feel like Prada either gets praises or hate, but this collection is neither the best ever seen nor the worst. The neon looks very good actually and also the outerwear is nice. I don't like every look but it's not a tragic collection.

19. KKnardi

KKnardi Active Member

Not sold on this, who on earth is going to wear these colors?

20. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I think this might be the worst Prada collection, yet.