Prada F/W 2018.19 Milan

Apparently it's about #MeToo.
Give me a break please :rolleyes:

This is by far the WORST Prada show I have seen. Even for shows with "prada ugly" clothing, they were balanced by great shoes and accessories. Even that is missing here.

Yes, the terrible shoes and bags here amaze me. How on earth is this collection going to sell? Tragic.

it's HORRIBLE with capital letters. :o Gucci is the new Prada, they managed to eat Prada up.

I mean they have managed to become the top show in Milan if that's what you mean but Alessandro wishes he had half the vision Prada had in its heyday, his success only speaks of how mediocre fashion's become.

I've always hated neon colors, so of course I almost suffered a seizure while scrolling through this mess. that's atually the biggest dissapointment for me since I used to admire Miuccia's ingenious color schemes. I actually liked some of the silhouettes from the pre-fall collection but in here everything was made to look heavy and cheap through styling, it lacks the grace and elegance that even her weirdest outtings had.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's HORRIBLE with capital letters. :o Gucci is the new Prada, they managed to eat Prada up.

Please....
Have some respect for Miuccia. Her body of work is almost untouchable. Her work from 10 or 18 years ago is still relevant today.

With all the respect I have for Alessandro, he Has a very limited vocabulary. She is one of the greatest designers of those last 30 years. He is just the hottest designer of the moment.

She's doing her best to remain relevant, the sad truth is that classic Prada as well as classic fashion is out. As much as we want it to come back it really can't at this particular moment. The only brand that can get away with classics is Chanel. I really like this collection. It's not amazing, but it's still better than anything we've seen so far. I'm in love with the structured coats and jackets in what looks like a tweed blend and the all the plaid. The big knitwear sweaters and skirts were great. The colored tulle didn't work unfortunately, It looked like it was thrown on at the last minute. The outerwear was the star of the show. Everything looked so soft and comfy. The knockout look was the green paillette/fringe dress, it was spectacular. :heart: I like how she also made separates out of that dress. The pink and orange versions were beautiful. It reminded me of older Prada when she would mix a showpiece with something more simple. Overall it's a good collection that will stand out once the season is over, It's memorable. That's a success in itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
There might be someone missing that she used to work with. Someone with killer editing skills, excellent taste and wit. Manuela Pavesi comes to mind. Sometimes the people behind the scenes are the ones that come up with the best ideas that the audience ends up loving.

Also it may be hard for her to stay relevant, as she no longer is the only one doing the Prada look. Her past work has become fashionable, and everybody else does fashion the same way she used to do it, aka mixing a bit of utilitarian sport elements, a bit of vintage, a bit of "fashionized" non-fashion items, a touch of ugly and unsexy... and voilà, the Prada style is there.

As was mentioned, she should really try to forget about trends, forget about instagram and really question what she would like to wear and what her (former) clients would like to wear now. Make something chic and different, and see if any of that old Prada magic appears there.

Thank you very much for your wonderful input :D It's really interesting to consider that someone vital to the label may have left - and pretty sad - it's not, then, that Miuccia is adjusting to the changes in recent times and will start putting out great shows again. Also what an interesting thought about the Prada style been mainstreamed...not something I would ever have concluded on my own but definitely could explain why the show felt so effortful.

It will be definitely be very interesting to see how the label moves forward in the future/whether it reverts back to its roots or continues to squander.

To be fair it looked significantly better on video; to me, at least.

Oh Miuccia, you may be my avatar but darling this is a mess....and definitely not a hot one.

I just don't get it. If she wanted to do athleisure, she should've taken a look at her own Spring 2007 in which she infused a series of elegant cuts and silhouettes with a sporty sensibility.

This just looks pseudo-intellectual. Her clothes are always thought-provoking, but usually she knows how to lure us into examining the subtext of her clothes by providing us with a sense of dream and desirability possessed by each design and styling. This collection on the other hand? It's a complete nightmare.

She needs to either change her team or take a break. This is just so wrong, Mirada Priestly will demand a change of title for the film / book she's in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->