Prada F/W 2019.20 Milan

Absolutely atrocious.

Instagram and Millennials destroyed this brand. It's beyond hideous, it's so tacky, so tasteless, so gimmicky, so tricky and so trendy. And not an ounce of intelligence or sophistication behind any of the choices made here. It's all flash, no substance. And Prada was ALWAYS substance. Not anymore.

The Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein prints are some of the cringiest things I've ever seen in fashion.

It's interesting to see Fendi and then Prada.
It's interesting to see Fendi doing well and going from strength to strength and Prada going deeper in the desperation route.

While this collection has some of the best looks I've seen from Prada in seasons (the grey/champagne simple satin dress, the double breasted coat worn with the pant and chunky brogues and the idea of a chunky knitted dress), it's quite a fail.

It was fabulous when Prada referenced an outfit or a gimmick of her old show and developed an entire collection around it.
Now, every collection looks like a raid to the archives with a fail attempt to make it fresh again.

The prints are ugly, the military part is badly executed and some dresses looks like Proenza Schouler trying to be Prada.

It doesn't matter...We are going to buy Fendi next season anyway...

I really enjoyed the collection. A little bit more austere than her previous one, more somber but it also has that playfulness that we associate with Prada in the prints and the accessories which I thought were really fun, one of the best collections of the season so far for me.

A strange mixture between Prada and "The Addams"..."Praddams"??

Wednesday-Addams.jpg

boingboing.net

To be fair, I like the boots. That's about it since everything else reeks of desperation. There are some good here, they just got lost in all the designing.

Okay, Miuccia let's step it up.

Wilting flowers coming off coats? No. This isn't a central saint martins senior thesis!!

I actually liked the last menswear show and I also like this. The styling is much more streamlined, the tailoring is exquisite, there are some fantastic pieces throughout for me (the cape jackets, that cinched herringbone coat, the mink gray silk dress, strangely enough the two last dresses; even the Frankenstein print!). I think the lace capes are unnecessary on most looks and the wilting flowers are a gimmick, but at least a recognizable one. When I compare this to two years ago, it's a huge improvement so I'll take it.

well, since this is extremly up my alley, i absolutely love the first part, i'd wear every single thing till it starts to get messy in the middle (from cara's look onwards, wtf). Might not be trendy - actually the attemps of being trendy, i guess, are what's horrible here - but I LOVE the first bunch of looks and all of the outerwear is incredible

It's all over the place. The desperation to let gimmicks take overt his collection is very apparent. The first part was beautiful. Some how few lace dresses remind me of Christopher Kane works. Still, this in comparison to Fendi, it is miles apart.

Apparently she is speaking about the threat of war, cultural conflict and "our times". Just stop with the nonsense. If the clothes don't say it, neither should you.

Many looks are cleaner, just one or two garments, which is a huge improvement i'v been yearning for from her for years, but still they all look flat, literal - pale shadows of her work past.

Im deeply concerned with her taste level ATM. I don't think that something like this can be apart of the fashion conversion for the new decade that is coming... Miuccia, watch out, unfortunately Heidi Klum is right, "one day you in and the next day you are out", you used all the prestige that this brand used to have and for now on I dont think that people will be so forgiveness just because "its Prada", just look the audience in the end of the show...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->