Prada "L’Eau Ambrée" Fragrance : Toni, Anna J, Ymre, Viktoria by Steven Meisel

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
i can't id all the models, but the second girl from the left looks like anna j...
from wwd...

24uvzoo.jpg

Prada is counting on a new interpretation of amber to deliver big impact for its global fragrance business this fall.

That’s when the brand will add L’Eau Ambrée, a new women’s scent, to its Classic range. And according to industry sources, the fragrance could do as much as $140 million globally in its first year on counter.

“This scent embodies Prada’s fragrance values: quality fragrances with special ingredients, based in the tradition of fine perfumery,” said Jose Manuel Albesa, chief brand officer for Puig Beauty and Fashion Group, which holds the Prada fragrance license. “It balances classic influences with modern tones; the amber is stripped of its classic context and elevated by may rose. We believe this scent could reach number one in the Prada portfolio.”

Amber has historically done well for the fragrance house. The ingredient was a key note in Prada’s bestselling first scent, launched in fall 2004, and Prada has also introduced three previous amber-tinged scents in its Classic range: Amber, Amber Intense and Amber pour Homme, noted Didier Maine de Biran, president of Puig North America.

L’Eau Ambrée, concocted by Firmenich’s Daniela Andrier, has top notes of Sicilian citrus, a heart of may rose and a drydown of patchouli, vanilla and opoponax. The bottle, a reinterpretation of the classic Prada signature bottle, is done in gradated shades of gray and black with the Prada logo embossed in gold; a gold-toned plate and neck are topped by a black atomizer. Outer packaging is white, with the Prada logo done twice: one in black, which is printed on the box, and again with a gold lamé label inserted above the printed logo.

In the U.S., L’Eau Ambrée will be available in September in about 250 specialty store doors, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and selected Bloomingdale’s. In 2010, the U.S. distribution will expand to include about 1,000 department and specialty store doors. The fragrance will also launch in Europe this fall, followed by the Middle East and Asia in 2010.

The collection includes three eaux de parfum: 30 ml. for $58; 50 ml. for $76; 80 ml. for $104, and an 80-ml. deluxe rechargeable version for $117. Ancillaries include a body powder with puff, 3.5 oz. for $62; a hydrating body lotion, 6.75 oz. for $50; a 6.75-oz. shower gel for $44, and a 6.75-oz. body cream, $62.

The brand’s striking advertising visual, shot by Steven Meisel, is intended to represent ancient bas-reliefs, also an inspiration for Prada’s spring-summer ready-to-wear ad campaign, said Albesa. A two-page version shows four models, a single page has three; in each, the silver-coated women are pushing and pulling each other in a seemingly dreamy state.

“Miuccia wanted to focus on the beauty of the fragrance with a modern interpretation of the muses,” said Albesa. “This image is an impactful statement which shows a playful approach.”

In the U.S., ads will begin running in October fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines. Both print and TV ads are planned for European markets.

OH!!!! the S/S 09 campaign only with the added perfume bottles! :wink: i like this one! Toni Garrn, Anna Jagodzinska, Ymre Stiekema, & Viktoriya Sasonkina.

Last edited by a moderator:
:woot: I love this image! All of them look nice!:heart: Thanks for posting.
I can't wait to see it in magazines!

Not to me lol, it looks like Anna J is being very mischievous and is about to spray 10 dollars worth straight into Toni's face

they really succeeded in doing something classic but modern and playful at the same time. i love it.

I love this one..the most I like is Viktoriya , she looks so sentimental there...and I don't like Anna's pose..

i don't like this at all!! i don't know what it is that is unlikeable... but it looks so un-natural... :huh:

Even though its just like the S/S campaign I still like it. I love Anna J's smirk!

I love this but I feel that one girl would have been stronger and more dynamic. It's rare to see fragrance campaigns with multiple models, so this campaign looks a little strange to me.

I really liked it, but I'm kinda bummed that its practically an out take from last season. I would have preferred an entire new shot. But it's still good.

I just don't really like the idea of the four models for a fragrance ad, I don't know where to look. I would have preferred it if it had been just Ymre, Toni and Anna J in particular are not my idea of Prada girls and are totally inappropriate for a fragrance ad. It just seems as though Steven is going to shoot Anna for everything he possibly can regardless of whether or not she suits the brand. It will be interesting to see how the tv ad turns out though.

I like Ymre and Vikoriya's expressions
Ymre looks so captivated and Viktoriya is like ohhh
I wanna smell yours lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->