Prada Mens S/S 10 Milan

Not as interesting as her past collections, but very very commercial. And given the financial state the Prada Group is in, this collection seems well conceived.

MILAN - LEAVE it to Miuccia Prada to exalt urban fashion just when almost everybody else is combatting crisis gloom with classic styles done in bright colours. But then Miuccia sets the trends, she doesn't follow them.
'It's time to get back to work,' the designer said after her much applauded show on Monday, the next to last day of the summer 2010 menswear preview showings.

The show featured a bevy of clean-cut young men wearing suits and ties and carrying briefcases.
Of course these were no ordinary suits. Made out of silk printed to look like tweed, they had a jacket cut close to the body and short slim trousers. A white shirt, skinny tie, woolly vest and pointed pair of shoes completed the no-nonsense look. For particularly hot days in the city, Prada offered suits and even overcoats in a breezy netted fabric.

source: thestraitstimes

The shoes were very cool, no?

2uif20x.jpg
25uicm1.jpg

menstyle.it

OMG those shoes!!!!
im not crazy about the collection though.

The shoes are what I like the most...but the classed up batty rider esque shirts are...no comment :ninja:. I expected something a bit stronger and more cutting edge, but maybe I'll like it in time.

Love! Watch christopher bailey rip this off for burberry next season or 2

Lazy. Miuccia's normal collections may be pretentious and ugly, but I have to say I prefer outlandish and hideous to conservative and passable. Economics might force Prada to manufacture only the salable items, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to throw in a few pieces (or even some color) just to make the styling a little more interesting. Most of the pieces that are here, however, are either too boring to talk about, or impossible to translate into a daily wordrobe without looking tasteless. (I mean, come on, mesh vests? Even on the models they look tacky and amateur.) I will say that the thin-lapeled blazers, the deep-V neckline, and the printed shorts in 52 are great, but the rest is not even close to par.

Miuccia! You can do better, look at your resort collection!

"who wears short shorts?"

i'm sorry, but i can't help that song from coming to my mind after this collection. somehow, prada has managed to trick the entire world into believing this is a spring summer collection by including a couple of pairs of shorts. back to reality: like a couple of other of the big names in milan, she's played it so safe that you could take the lion's share of these clothes and re-style them for fall.

with that said, i love the mesh and can't wait to see how those mesh pants make their way onto the street. like, i'm curious if menswear will REALLY go there.

it would be great to see Miuccia put the mens collection idea transform into the womens collection....

this is the bastard child of raf simons and hedi slimane for dior , looks which have been sooo copied over and over by so many designers its getting soooooo old hat and boring.

prada proposes perforation pour printemps! excuse my alliteration!

i really enjoy it since it's sooo different from everything else! all that perforation looks nice tho. not her best season but still a good one :smile:.

:shock: i love!
give me anything grey and a deep neck cardigan or suit and i wont ever complain!

(well maybe as a show presentation this did lack a bit of colour, no? specially after the monochrome FW)

It's nice but I'm not crazy about it. Doesn't move me that much. Everything looks incredibly well made however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->