Prada Mens S/S 2014 Milan

And once again I am totally entranced by all of this. My very first thought when I saw these amazing summery prints was to catch a first plane and fly to Hawaii or some other island. I pretty much love every piece in this collection, including the womenwear. And the bags... Wonderful collection!

I'm underwhelmed. The accessories were better than the clothes.

i like this but i didn't love it, and i'm usually crazy about miuccia menswear.
the first part is very 'don draper in holiday at the hawaii' which i like, but i can't see it on a 'real man'. overall it really works, and while im not a fan of the sweaty look of the models it worked cause it gave away the impressiono of heat, summer and wanting to go on vacation. i really LOVE some of the womenswear, a couple of dresses are amazing the others though... not so much.

and hate the shoes, all of them. but i loved the bags

Prada's Tropicana? Count me in.

Fantastic collection from Miuccia, her take on Hawaiian theme is just so right. Loved the womenswear too, beautiful silhouette and embellished details.

I feel a little bit underwhelmed, the collection it's not bad but I was expecting much more. The biggest problem is that I really cannot stand hawaiian prints, which are basically the leitmotiv of the collection. I really like the womenswear pieces, which are very Pearl Harbor.

Gosh, that was bad! I hadn't disliked a Prada collection in such a long time...

I didn't like a single thing, from the terrible Hawaiian print to the beyond ugly shoes (some of which looked just like modified Bensimon shoes...), it was just bad...
Couldn't agree more. Gimmick-laden, repetitive and needlessly long were the only things I thought from start to finish. No complaints about the number of looks shown, but more so the fact that it seemed like the same thing kept coming out again, and again. For a moment I actually believed that the stream had looped. :doh:

Last season was a step in the right direction, but she's totally regressed back into the kitschy nonsense I just can't stand from her. The womanwear wasn't the worst thing in the world, though.

not too fond of that ultra wide fit.... a bit more structure never hurt nobody, no?

and i hope this won't be seen as model talk but the casting seemed terribly... young.

Not feeling the loose fit, it's like grandpa looks. The colours and prints were quite nice in the beginning but in the last set everything looks terribly drab.

This is some "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" realness.
What a tacky early 90s throwback. Disgusting and unflattering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its freaky to see how Miuccia is SO in tune with the upcoming trends from the street.

Lately all those tropical prints with dark colours have been spotted more and more often in the streets (at least in my home country).

The guys are crazy about it. I really like this direction. Very masculine (for something floral)

What a tacky early 90s throwback. Disgusting and unflattering.

I didn't notice that until you said it, that's the problem that bugs me. those drop shoulders and baggy trousers... I can't.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm getting old.

The women's looks however are undeniably AWFUL.

Looking at the HQs you can see the models' faces are sweaty and uncomfortable(?). Any idea if that is intentional or did the AC give out?

Entertaining show, but not much I personally would want.

Looking at the HQs you can see the models' faces are sweaty and uncomfortable(?). Any idea if that is intentional or did the AC give out?

i think that's makeup. it was cleary in the closeups in the stream that it was a uniformed greasy look on every mode. i don't like it, it's not a good look - but as i said in another post i think it's to give the idea of a sweaty summer in the city daydreaming of a summer vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->